Enderal : Forgotten Stories (2019)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Enderal : Forgotten Stories (2019)

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    tom69
    Participant

Thanks, yes you are right but this can be disabled in the game settings. VorpX actually gives you a heads-up about this and I have definitely disabled it. VorpX is hooking into the game and I see glorious VR for a second or two before it freezes and crashes

Ralf
    Keymaster

I might take a look at it, but don’t expect anything. Officially supporting mods is not possible unfortunately due to time constraints.

tom69
    Participant

No problem – I completely understand. I appreciate you even considering it :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Checked this briefly by playing through the first minutes until the character creation starts. Works fine here until that point.

Only thing I did was disabling the optimization tools in the mod launcher. All other settings were left at default. ‘OSAllocators’ might or might not work (didn’t test it), the other two will likely cause issues with vorpX.

Still possible that there are memory related issues later in the game when the full world gets loaded as the mod team is known for pushing the limits of the engine. vorpX on top of that might just be too much. If someone wants to provide a savegame later in the game for testing, please send it to support |at| vorpx com.

One observation: the mod doesn’t seem to like the auto resolution set by vorpX. The main menu was invisible for me with the automatic 8:9 resolution, so you might want to disable auto resolution in the DirectVR menu and set a 4:3 res manually instead.

Michelangel0
    Participant

I just had to stop playing because it crashed to desktop but I was playing like 1 hour aprox.
    I was playing in Full VR and I was switching to Immersive VR Screen because the screen was moving sometimes. In both cases with FULL GEOMETRY and it looks awesome!!!

I could provide an advanced savegame, I reached the mansion.
    The game is like a strange Black Mirror episode so far muehehehhe.

These are my Enderal Launcher settings:
    Vsync on
    Windowed

Aspect Ratio User defined
    1280 x 960

Antialiasing: None
    Aniso 16x
    Graphics Quality Ultra

Details: everything at maximum except FXAA and Blur Quality (I do not like blur)
    Visibility: everything at maximum (FoV 80)
    Gameplay: Kill cam and hud 100%
    Optimization: Mem 7gb (still testing but this worked)
    CPU: 2 Cores

Optimization:
    Only OSAllocators

ExpMultithreading: None
    Controls: Activate Gamepad
    —————

I hope this could help to make VorpX more stable on this game.
    Totally worth of VR!!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

everything at maximum

Probably a good idea to dial back a few things considering that the mod already pushes the limits of the engine. vorpX on top of that (requires a considerable amount of both CPU/GPU RAM on its own and doubles the D3D draw count for stereo rendering) might be too much in the long run.

I would recommend to start with medium graphics settings.

tom69
    Participant

Thanks for looking into this. I have progressed the game somewhat by playing traditionally but I still get the same problem when I try to play in VR. I am currently reinstalling to make sure I have not changed something somewhere that I shouldn’t have done…
    I am using the tpcast wireless HMD adapter (after changing the software it runs to the open source software, which actually works!). I don’t see how this would affect this in any way but it is the only thing I can think of that will be different from the majority of people playing this.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!