Everything moving with the headset

Homepage Forums Technical Support Everything moving with the headset

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    frankalexandre
    Participant

Game image (menus and game) are moving in fullvr mode when i move the headset. I look to the right and cant see the game image to the right, everything moves and i can see the same image as i was looking straight. Very bad feeling, give me nausea in seconds. How can i stop it? If i switch to immersive move or press the middle mouse button everything is fine. Tracking is disabled in vorpx config. This is happening with Automobilista and F1 2019.

frankalexandre
    Participant

also happening with headtracking ON.

RJK_
    Participant

Not every game can be played in Full VR with headtracking. If youre playing a supported game, its profile will be always designed for a most comfortable way to play a game. Playing an unsupported game may result in what you are describing.

If you cant play an unsupported game in Full VR , switch over to Cinema Mode (hit “del” to enter the menu and choose a Cinema Mode on the main settings page ). Adjusting the size of the screen to the max will give you a good alternative for non FUll VR games.

Having a look into the vorpx cloud may help you finding a user created profile for a not supported game.

Note: Not every supported game can be played in Full VR Mode either, thats why some games a set to Cinema Mode on Default.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just to emphasize what RJK_ said above:

Please do not try to ‘optimize’ profile settings before you have some solid understanding of how vorpX works. Provided the F1 2019 user profile is based on the official F1 2018 profile (quite likely), it is already set up in the best possible way for this game out of the box.

If F1 2019 still supports TrackIR (not sure), you might be able to inject head tracking for FullVR mode with OpenTrack. Without using additional software however the provided immersive screen mode profile is the way to go. No tweaking required whatsoever except for raising the camera FOV in the game options.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Maybe I understood wrong, but perhaps all you need is to turn up the tracking sensitivity, which sounds like may be at zero for some reason.

Make sure Head Tracking is enabled in vorpX config.

Then in game, open vorpX delete key menu. In fullVR mode, you should see a headtracking sensitivity slider at the bottom of the first Main page. See if turning that up solves your problem.

Also check the Head Tracking page in that menu to make sure it is turned on.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ dellrifter: I know you want to help, but in this special case the only useful advice is the one given by RJK_ (and me). There is no better way to set up the F1 profile than the default way except for using OpenTrack if still supported by the game.

dellrifter22
    Participant

My bad. I was just checking something simple wasn’t overlooked. I take it now that the games in question aren’t meant to utilize fullVR tracking. Sorry for the confusion.

frankalexandre
    Participant

Thanks guys, unfortunately Automobilista is unsuported. I can get it running fine with immersive mode, but i’ve seen some youtube videos were some guys can get it ok with fullvr mode and opentrack. Open track works fine for me, the problem is only i cant stop everything from moving with the headset while fullvr mode.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds as if OpenTrack is not working as intended. Try without vorpX, if OpenTrack works, rotating the headset rotates the game camera with or without vorpX running.

You need to make sure that:

1. Your game actually supports TrackIR.
    2. TrackIR is enabled, you may have to enable it in the games options.
    3. The input in OpenTrack is your headset.
    4. The OpenTrack output is set to ‘freetrack’.
    frankalexandre
    Participant

I dont think the problem is opentrack. Headtracking works just fine in cinema mode and the problem also happens without opentrack.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Like said above there is no FullVR head tracking for these games with vorpX alone.

The only way to get FullVR head tracking for these two games *might* be OpenTrack, provided they actually support TrackIR input. If that is the case, it even works without vorpX.

If you are unsure about that or can‘t get OpenTrack to work, please leave the F1 2019 profile at its default settings (immersive screen mode). The default settings are already the best settings for the game. There is nothing you could do to enable FullVR head tracking except using OpenTrack.

Can‘t really comment further on Automobiista, sorry. Never tried that game.

frankalexandre
    Participant

Sorry Ralf, i think my english is not good. I dont have problem with OpenTrack, it is working great. The problem is the image moving with the headset.

frankalexandre
    Participant

Imagine if a monitor is attached to my head, when i look 90 degrees to the right the monitor also move to that position. Thats my problem.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If the image is moving with the headset, OpenTrack is not working. If OpenTrack would work correctly, the game camera would rotate with your headset.

As suggested above, please use the F1 2019 profile default settings if you can‘t make FullVR work. There is nothing else I can suggest.

The default settings (immersive screen mode) are already the best possible settings without OpenTrack.

frankalexandre
    Participant

allright, i’ll keep trying. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!