Fallout 3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    mcgrane
    Participant

Hi,

I just purchased the Driver, and am trying to get Fallout 3 up and running.. I am using windows 8. The problem is – to get the game running i need to add d3d9.dll to the source Fallout folder to make it run .. and it runs perfectly – Alternatively i cant have it in there to make VorpX work.. is there any known work around for this?

Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, sorry. vorpX will not work while a d3d9.dll is present in the Fallout directory. In Fallout 3 this usually indicates the usage of an ENB mod. If this is true for you, you have to remove the ENB mod or even try with a clean, mod-less Fallout 3.

Hope that helps.

mcgrane
    Participant

No fresh install, game will not play without having the dll present, regardless of changing .ini files as other fourms have suggested.. once placing dll .. game works fine, but driver doesnt.. i seem to have a one or other type situation going on here.. which is very dissapointing as it is the only reason i have bought the driver..

Ralf
    Keymaster

There shouldn’t be a d3d9.dll present in your Fallout 3 directory (or any game directory) with the fresh install. That is a system .dll, it absolutely does not belong in a game directory. I’m 100% sure that Fallout 3 does not install that .dll in its game directory.

vorpX hooks into this system dll, that is why it cannot run with the dll present in the game directory. If the game only starts with the dll present, there has to something wrong. Did you try to reinstall DirectX? Sounds like there is something seriously wrong with DirectX on your system if you need to manually copy d3d dlls.

mcgrane
    Participant

I realise that the dll should not be there by default, i have put it there.. if you refrence this article It will show you that this is a fix to make the game run on windows 8, and it does, and is the only way i am able to play the game, is there no workaround for this? Has anyone been able to play Fallout 3 on Windows 8 using the VorpX Driver?

Hammerschaedel
    Participant

yes, i did it. Simply by enabling the driver and starting the game in Steam.

Dvorhagen
    Participant

I’m also trying to get Fallout 3 running. It’s frustrating, because most everything I’ve tried with VorpX has been instantly successful and worked quite well.. But it just seems to refuse to recognize FO3. There doesn’t seem to be much written about this online; most people seem to get it to work effortlessly. I don’t have New Vegas installed, and I’m running Win 7 — it’s the Steam version of the game. Can anyone give me a hand? Thanks!

Dvorhagen
    Participant

I’ve disabled account control…now VorpX apparently recognizes the game, but it fails to start: “Unknown error creating the Gamebryo renderer”

mcgrane
    Participant

I simply gave up on it after so much heartbreak – I then tried fo: new vegas- and it worked fine “)

Dvorhagen
    Participant

Welp, I wasn’t going to install NV, but I guess it’s worth a shot (I think that’ll leave me with 6 gigs free on my C drive :v)

Top-SecreT
    Participant

Hi, today i purchased vorpx driver and tried to get Fallout 3 running. My problem is that i dont see the menu to start or load a game. Menu is out of view. What can i do?

wolvenkind
    Participant

fallout 3 steam version works fine for me on windows 8, however NV worked the first time, and fails to render after that. I’ve tried everything, and only got it to launch once more before failing again once closed by messing with primary display. Even then, it ONLY works one time, even without changing a single thing. I’ve yet to repeat my first, and second successes.

gustavor38
    Blocked

I unexpectedly begin to receive “Unknown error creating the Gamebryo renderer” starting Fallout 3. It was working with 0.7 release and i hadn´t test it with 0.8 after update.
    What is this issue? I am using non-steam version.
    Any help?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Depending on your system configuration forcing the game to the DK2 may not work for Fallout 3 in all cases, which would yield this error.

You can however select the Rift directly in the Fallout 3 launcher: the according listbox is the first one from above and labeled “Graphics Adapter”.

Another solution would be to to use the “compatible” setup from the DK2 Setup Guide (Rift as primary display in Windows, vorpX set to “Use system settings” display wise).

Please also make sure to set the resolution to 1920×1080.

gustavor38
    Blocked

The same gamebryo error in the two configurations.
    First, extended display, vorpx to dk2, 1920 and tested first and second 980 (i have only one card, no appears as dk2 into launcher)
    Second, same as first but use system seetings and dk2 as primary screen.

I am using displayport output of the videocard to the screen and the hdmi directly to the dk2.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!