Fallout 3

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

You can select the Rift directly in the Fallout 3 launcher: the according listbox is the first one from above and labeled “Graphics Adapter”.

gustavor38
    Blocked

Ralf,

Looking solution to this i see now that really everything about vorpx has stopped working. No one game works, no skirim (same bryo error), no gtaV (Cannot initialize directx 9 device), etc.
    It seems that unexpectedly vorpx doesn´t see DK2 (yes, when starts).
    In the combo box selection for graphic adapter (Fallout3 by example) only appears a duplicate entry for my nvidia gtx 980.

nvidia driver is 353.06 and monitor is connected to nvidia thru displayport, dk2 is connected to gtx hdmi as always was.

I tried to reinstall vorpx on top existing install but without sucess. I tried in direct and extended mode, as primary and secondary each option. No way.

Any idea?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The entries may look the same, but one is for the first monitor, the other one for the second.

Apart from that:

In case you have the Oculus runtime 0.6.0 installed, please roll back to 0.5.1.

Otherwise I would recommend to go back to an earlier Windows system restore point before your problems started.

gustavor38
    Blocked

Well, after much work, GTA V is working, i go back several drivers and oculus runtime and now GTAV is working ok.
    I think the problem was about monitor refresh/resolution (I can´t understand it).
    I will try to go up with the version now that GTAV and other “extended screen” demos are working.

But Fallout is not working.

I can´t see any vorpx logo or presence when i start it. It shows in DK2 but i think that is like a normal monitor, left eye and right is slightly different but my brain can´t join the two images. I think that vorpx isn´t getting the game. Do you know how to inspect this issue or what can i test? System Restore is not an option because i have no idea when this stopped working, several weeks or more than a month or two…

Can I follow any directive to check if vorpx is wrapping the game or not?

jzer0
    Participant

Wondering if there was any update on this. running 0.8.1, Fallout 3 with no mods as well as trying with the recommended mods for vorpx use (unofficial patch, etc) crashing on startup. No ENB, tried all suggestions, compatibility mode, etc. Music plays, vorpx is putting out in stereo, but the screen loading is extremely slow, input non-responsive. Had it almost working once in windowed mode, but couldn’t get it to happen again when using fake_fullscreen or other workarounds. plays works fine when vorpx is turned off, other games (i.e. skyrim) playing fine with/without vorpx. Oculus utility version 0.6.0.1.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Works fine here when the Rift is selected as monitor directly in the Fallout 3 options.

Maybe that is your issue. It’s the first listbox from above (“graphics adapter”). Both entries are named the same, but one of them is your primary, the other one the secondary monitor.

Please also make sure to set the resolution to 1920×1080 fullscreen.

jzer0
    Participant

hi Ralf,

thanks for your reply. tried this, made sure as when set to extended and output only to the rift, there is only one adapter available in the dropdown. set to fullscreen 1080p. keeps freezing, switching back and forth from the game to desktop. rolled back oculus drivers to 0.5.0.1, going to try rolling back nvidia drivers next…

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s odd, there should definitely be two entries in the dropdown in extended mode. Just a wild guess: I had an issue once where the Rift wasn’t detected properly by Windows after switching between direct and extended a few times. This was resolvable by a reboot.

jzer0
    Participant

Yes, two are available in the dropdown in extended mode, but i usually output only to the rift due to refresh rate issues. Turns out this is due to latest nvidia drivers (anything higher than 350.12). while skyrim is ok with these it turns out fallout is not, tried every trick I could find with no result. after finding multiple reports of the newer drivers causing problems, clean installed the nvidia 350.12 drivers and everything loaded up fine with oculus 0.6.0.1 runtime, but now getting some random in-game crashes. maybe will drop back to 0.5.0.1 and see how this runs. thanks for your help Ralf.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!