Fallout 4

Homepage Forums Technical Support Fallout 4

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Infinite
    Participant

There is no need to run games fullscreen.

If I run them minimized, I can see them, but only in the desktop viewer, and not in the rift.

Instead, start them from your normal Windows desktop.

That also doesn’t work. Is it possible I installed something wrong? Maybe? There is no reason why my computer can’t handle it, so I doubt that’s the problem

red
    Participant

Please don’t use the VorpX Destop Viewer for this troubleshooting… it’ll only confuse things. We’re looking to click ‘Play’ from the Fallout4 launcher on the Desktop and for the game to start in the Rift.

A few things to try…

(1) Update VorpX by running your vorpX_WebSetup.exe again.

(2) From the Fallout4 launcher, under ‘Options’ and ‘Mode’ choose ‘Windowed’, and Aspect Ratio to ‘Standard’, Resolution ‘800×600’. Let’s give it every chance to work.

(3) (a) Right-click the VorpX icon and ‘Configfure VorpX’. Under ‘General’ and ‘Device Selection’ it should say ‘Oculus Rift’. (b) Under ‘Excluded Programs’ you should see ‘FalloutLauncher.exe’ but not ‘Fallout4.exe’. (c) Under ‘Local Profiles’ and ‘Fallout4’ make sure ‘Assigned Programs’ shows ‘Fallout4.exe’

(4) Remove any mods or other 3rd party add-ons to Fallout4 that you may be running.

Infinite
    Participant

Ok, I got it to work! It’s great! Thanks! Best $40 spent! Not sure how I got it to work. I removed my mods folder, so that could be it, but I also reinstalled VorpX. And I can run it fullscreen, Ultra settings, so that wasn’t it. It works though! Tried Borderlands 2 also, and that worked! Thanks!

jpwatler
    Participant

hey there
    I have tried ALL of the above and still crashes when i try to load a game. any help, please. cv1 win 10

Infinite
    Participant

If you still have not got this, then run VorpX as admin, and then run Fallout 4 as admin. It will work then. If not, try a combo of running either/or as admin.

jpwatler
    Participant

sadly that didnt work either

Infinite
    Participant

Does it work just fine without VorpX?

jpwatler
    Participant

I got it to work. Uninstalled from the D drive and re-installed it on C and it works. Had the same issue with Skyrim. What settings are you using?

iormangund
    Participant

Not sure this is a vorpx issue but thought someone might know. For some reason I cannot get fallout 4 to use a different fov from default when in 1st person. I have set all the right config settings (in both inis, not read only etc etc) and 3rd person works fine, but first person just wont work even if I do fov 120 in console. while in 1st person the fov will change, but as soon as I close the console it reverts back to default. It is a fresh install, no mods etc. Haven’t been able to find anything on google about this problem.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If changing the FOV in the ini with the Game Optimizer fails for some reason, try “fov 120 120” in the console (without the quotes). That should set the first person FOV.

konglowbal
    Participant

Hi, don’t know if it’s the right thread, but been wondering is there any fix for Fallout 4 or Skyrim big hands, big weapons issue? Apart from that everything is working great but I cant play with geometry 3d while everything looks very good but my weapon looks like a huge cannon and my arms are also huge. I setup the FOV 110 110 but it doesnt help guns and hands being big huge.The world FOV 110 is working good but honestly the gun looks like its touching the end of the room while I am standing at the beginning of the room.I know its not Vorpx issue but bethesda problem, anyway wondering if anyone found the solution…Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

The second value is the weapon FOV, so you could try “fov 110 130” for example. In Fallout 4 that also affects the Pip-Boy though, so there are limits to what makes sense. A too high weapon FOV will make the Pip-Boy unreadable.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!