Fallout 4 Resolution Settings

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Fallout 4 Resolution Settings

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

The platform update (KB2670838) is installed on the Windows 7 test machine.

You should generally make sure that at least your Windows 7 is up-to-date if upgrading to Windows 10 is not an option.

RJK_
    Participant

I think i need to give up on this, de and re-installed steamVR and VorpX with no change. Sad, because thats my favorite game i even wrote some music for (Fo Tactics). May be ill go through some dll dependancies or something later on.

RJK_
    Participant

May be one last thing i havent thought of is the Win7 “Sp2 Update-Rollup” from 2016, is that installed on your test machine too ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, of course. You should generally make sure that your Windows 7 is up-to-date. I don’t really think it’s on OS issue though, probably something really weird in regard to your individual config. As said before the game never was known to even remotely have hooking issues.

BTW: https://developer.oculus.com/hardware-report/pc/ . Scroll down to the OS table for some numbers you might find interesting. :)

RJK_
    Participant

Thank you Ralf, Interesting Numbers! – ill report back after the sp2. BTW: I already threw an eye on a win10 setup, but at the moment i spent too much money on that gamestack i mentioned earlier. Not shure if i would built up an even faster machine or just make a dual boot with my 970 (which runs surpsingly well yet).

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just to save you major pain: dual boot systems with Windows 10 are dangerous if you don’t know exactly what you are doing.

The Windows 10 fast shutdown/boot system leaves hard disks in state that Windows 7 does not understand when you power off the PC. You have to disable it or you will experience severe data loss.

RJK_
    Participant

Good to know , Thanks!

RJK_
    Participant

Solution !

Put a 64bit version of the d3dcompiler_47.dll into the game directory, this will make VorpX hook again, the same counts for Skyrim SE.

You can find one for example in your steam x64 subfolder.

Probably an incompatibility of a syswow64 dll installed by an unknown application. (or the user himself )

Ralf
    Keymaster

Glad you solved it finally.

If I had to guess, in your case I wouldn’t entirely rule out the latter option. :)

BTW: Not a good idea anymore to copy DLLs in a system folder manually these days in general. Even if the ‘bitness’ is correct, many Microsoft DLLs compiled for Win 8 or 10 will flatout not work on Windows 7 due to dependencies on other DLLs or system components. One can’t even safely swap many DLLs between different Windows 10 versions.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!