Fallout New Vegas Pipboy

Homepage Forums Technical Support Fallout New Vegas Pipboy

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

Thanks for answering Ralf, it seems the side effects of using the camera height cant be predicted, in some games it can be used, in some not. In NV some other things were affected too, so i wont bother using this function here.

BTW: Excellent work you did on that game

Ralf
    Keymaster

I would highly recommend not to use the camera height setting at all in profiles you share. Leave the decision to the player.

Game breaking issues are probably rare, but changing the camera height will often cause more subtle glitches in regard to shader effects and potentially head tracking that may get unnoticed first, hence the warning that is shown in the vorpX menu.

RJK_
    Participant

This function does not work with most older games, so i am not using it anyhow.The only game that i remember where is was possible to use it all the way trough was Hunted. In the past i became more sensitive for better settings too, so i usually leave them more balanced like 3D strength for example set to around 1 so the user can decide whats better for him. –

Ralf
    Keymaster

The camera height setting might require positional tracking to be enabled, not 100% sure ATM. I will check that and either enable it without positional tracking or make sure that the option is only shown when it actually does anything.

Thanks for the hint.

RJK_
    Participant

Today i found out that camera pos. indeed only takes effect when pos. tracking is enabled. Tested one or two games but with very different results, mostly unpedictable. To me It looks a bit like that camera pos. somehow depends on the way how environment/objects are transformed. Sometimes only certain objects are affected, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!