Fallout New Vegas

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Fallout New Vegas

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    funkyhunk
    Participant

Hi, I have a problem with New Vegas.
    No matter the setting I always get the “failed to initialize renderer. Your display doesnt support the selected resolution yadda yadda yadda”

If I set the dk2 as primary, or secondary, or select the second display adapter in the NV config, no difference.
    “show only on rift dk2” or “use system default” in the vorpx config, still the same.

I got it to work on BF3, Skyrim (although I get the “big hands”) and HL2 “native support”

Anybody got any tips?

funkyhunk
    Participant

I’d like to add that I have no mods, newly installed vanilla game with all expansions.
    I also tried setting the refresh of the dk2 to 60hz, didn’t help.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds like the resolution of the game isn’t set to 1920×1080 (DK2 native res).

I had this when trying Oblivion for the first time with the DK2, so it’s not unlikely that this may be your problem.

funkyhunk
    Participant

Thank you for replying Ralf :)

I’ve checked, and doublechecked, the game config menu is set to 1920X1080,
    And the falloutprefs.ini file under
    [Display]

Is set to:
    iSize W=1920
    iSize H=1080

It didn’t help when I ran the game windowed.
    When I set the rift config to direct mode, I get a small window in the upper left corner where the game starts up, reacting to rift movement, but nothing is shown on the rift.

I’m running Win7 64, on a i5 4690k @4.5ghz, and a 3gb GTX780oc card.
    Are there other things I need to make sure is updated? the Vorpx drivers are the most recent, so are the display drivers. The dk2 has the newest firmware.

Lusiphur
    Participant

This sounds like the same issue I just posted about in https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/vorpx-0-71-and-windows-8-1-display-orientation/ .

Lusiphur
    Participant
    funkyhunk
    Participant

None of the settings worked. I’m really at a loss here.

funkyhunk
    Participant

What is really annoying, is that it started up and worked ONE time.
    In the midst of all the trying. Then the x360 controller started wibrating uncontrollably, and I had to exit the game to unplug the controller.
    When I tried starting the game again it didn’t work.

NO changes to the display settings. That pi$$ed me off.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Issue confirmed. For Fallout 3 I found that changing the line iAdatper=0 in FalloutPrefs.ini to iAdapter=1 fixes the problem, for Fallout NV this doesn’t seem to help.

The above presumes that the DK2 is set as secondary display.

funkyhunk
    Participant

I don’t understand the fault, if fo3 works, why shouldn’t fonv work? the engines are really similar.

Lusiphur
    Participant

Agreed — that config worked for me for Fallout 3, but not for New Vegas.

funkyhunk
    Participant

Fallout 3 worked almost right out of the box, but not new vegas. Annoying.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not 100% sure yet, but it may be possible that New Vegas in contrast to FO3 changes the resolution to something the DK2 doesn’t like to play logos/videos on startup.

Normally changing the GPU driver to GPU scaling instead of display scaling should be able to deal with something like that, but I had no luck with that either. Your mileage may vary though, so that is something you could try.

funkyhunk
    Participant

Thanks for the tip ralf, but no such luck. Still don’t work. I’ll try disabling the startup vids next.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!