Far Cry Primal – As good as Cyberpunk!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Far Cry Primal – As good as Cyberpunk!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Has anyone tried Z-Normal with this title instead of G3D? Unfortunately for me, I find the shadow and lighting issues with this title in G3D to be unbearable (they literally make my eyes hurt). But Z-Normal is not producing results anything like it should. It’s kind of FO3 if you try to use Z-Normal; depth comes in and out, and random parts of the scene are rendered at seemingly random depths.

It’s probably a single game setting somewhere, although in my testing thus far I’ve just let vorpX ‘do it’s thing’ and avoided tweaking any settings manually.

TheGreatGarbanzo
    Participant

I’d like to echo mr_spongeworthy. I’ve not been able to get a good result with this game, either with the default settings or with a couple hours of customizations.

G3D had lighting and shadow issues — turned shadows off, that helped some. But nothing’s been playable yet.

Jealous of however other people have their rigs set up :)

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

It looks like my Z-Normal issue was limited to the first section of the intro – once I fell over the cliff everything was fine. Try just playing that part flat, and then using vorpX once you are past that initial 5 minutes or so of play.

G3D is kinda ok with all shadows turned off (water still has some issues and I think lighting also), but Z-Normal looks pretty good in this title and performance (so far) seems excellent. I’m getting liquid-smooth performance at 4K 60fps with every quality setting maxed (in cinema mode.)

TheGreatGarbanzo
    Participant

Thanks for the tips, mr_spongeworthy — I’ll give Far Cry another go!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!