Far Cry settings anyone?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Far Cry settings anyone?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lipplog
    Participant

After discovering the entire Far Cry series on Steam for $10.00, I’m ready to dive into configuring Far Cry 3 with VorpX. It loaded up without a hitch. But the FOV is too zoomed in, and the mouse head tracking is too sensitive. But before I start messing around, does anyone have settings they can recommend? I’ll follow up with my own settings later. Thanks!

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

Havn’t tried myself, however there appears to be an in-built FOV setting.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/File:Far_cry3_settings1.jpg

they say to use flawlesswidescreen for more FOV but that program doens’t work atm.

does vorpx support geometry 3D in this game? if so try using the 3D FOV enhancement.

lipplog
    Participant

You’re right. There is an in-game setting fOr FOV, and moving it all the way right zooms out quite nicely (110). Surprisingly, geometry mode isn’t an option, so I’m using Z-adaptive and messing with the advanced settings to see what happens.

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

Odd, so sure Raphael said on the Oculus rift forums it did geometry 3D, is DX9 mode enabled?

lipplog
    Participant

Odd, so sure Raphael said on the Oculus rift forums it did geometry 3D, is DX9 mode enabled?

Ah ha! I was wondering about that! I’ll switch it to DX9 asap!

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

I noticed geometry 3D does not appear to work for me, the option selects, there is a performance hit, but there is no 3D. I am in DX9 as well.

any clues on how to set this up with geometry 3D?

lipplog
    Participant

Switching to DX9 allowed the 3D Geometry option for me. What options are you getting in DX9?

VorpXer
    Participant

I noticed geometry 3D does not appear to work for me, the option selects, there is a performance hit, but there is no 3D. I am in DX9 as well.

any clues on how to set this up with geometry 3D?

I have the same problem, using DX9 so the geometry 3d mode is selectable but it doesn’t produce any left/right separation. Z-buffer modes work fine.

Ralf
    Keymaster

This was reported earlier for Far Cry 3. I’ll take a look at it. Either a new bug, or maybe a FC3 patch that broke something.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!