Farcry 4 + Vorpx 0.7.5 woes

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Farcry 4 + Vorpx 0.7.5 woes

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    adamwalker13
    Participant

<P>Is your DK2 set to primary or secondary screen in desktop/VGA setings?</P>

I’ve tried both primary and secondary, and forcing dk2 in vorpx also. Same crash in the same place each time. Starting to think there is no way this is going to work for me :(

Szabby
    Participant

Hi Ralf!

I think it would be extremely usefull, if you wrote an official quide to all VorpX settings one by one (and perhaps integrate this quide into VorpX control panel itself): in fact what these settings alter, what setting what effect has got, and how the settings have an effect on each other. I know, that there are settings which are quite obvious, but there are also several, which aren’t.

Thanks!

Szabby
    Participant

Hi Adam!

Don’t give up, it will surely work!

The main reason, why the game crashes at startup, use to be, that you are online! Please note, that when I say “offline mode” it doesn’t only refer to choosing “launch the game in offline mode” on the HUD when you are already in the game, but it also refers to Uplay! So, before launching Far Cry 4 exe file, launch Uplay first, and switch online mode to OFFLINE! VorpX won’t work otherwise and the game immidiatelly crashes in online mode.

To those, who either have a startup crash problem OR the problem, that you can not make the game run on the Rift’s screen, again, please make sure, that all the following parameters are set OK:

1. Make sure, that the rift is properly installed. I use the rift the way, that in my desktop/VGA settings:
    – DK2 and my monitor are side by side (monitor is the first and next to it on the right there is the DK2),
    – DK2 is in portrait mode and NOT landscape
    – In resolution options DK2 is set to 1920X1080 AND 75 Hz (this is essential!)
    – My DK2 is set to be secondary screen (apart from some rare cases as exceptions, I think DK2 doesn’t need to be set as primary screen!)

2. WITHOUT launching VorpX you must launch the game first and make the following settings properly:
    – aspect ratio: auto
    – resolution 1920×1080
    – screen: FULLSCREEN (NOT borderless or windowed!)
    – refresh rate: 60 Hz (as there is not an option for 75 Hz, but if anybody knows, how to upscale this to 75 Hz, please, tell me)

Before exiting the game, SAVE the changes!

3. Set the rift to extended mode and disable OR Service.

4. BEFORE launching FC4 exe, launch Uplay and switch it to OFFLINE mode! Disabling the overlay can not hurt either.

5. BEFORE launching FC4 exe, launch VorpX and enter general configuration. The most important thing there is to set “SHOW ON RIFT DK2” and NOT “use system settings”! This is highly important, otherwise you can run into the same problem, that the game won’t show up on your rift’s screen, only on your monitor!

I also use the following settings turned ON:
    – Disable Aero on game start
    – Restore desktop windows

I also had the problem, as some other commenters mentioned too, that in the game everything was “too close”, and it made me a headache quite soon. To avoid this you can create optimal view by harmonizing the following settings:
    – Increasing FOV in VorpX Game Settings Optimizer menu (for my taste, FOV 130 worked much better, and resulted a more comfotable gameplay, than FOV 120)
    – Altering vignette scale and image zoom settings ingame through VorpX control panel
    – Switching between lens A and lens B settings

I hope, that the guide above helped in solving FC4 – DK2 problems to all of you!

Keeping all these instructions I think there is no way to fail playing FC4 on DK2.

Please, write some feedback, how you succeeded.

Greetings!

InfiniteHydro
    Participant

@ Ralf,

I have read the Quick reference and tried everything listed there as well as using the optimizer.
    I should have said “Mouse button” when I said “Delete” though… frustration got to me.
    My copy is legit – I got it as a free DL when I bought my GTX 970.
    That last part seems to be the issue – there is no FOV slider in my version at all and I can’t adjust FOV using monitors either.
    Will contact Ubisoft for a fix as this appears to be their problem to solve at this point.
    Thanks

nargorn
    Participant

Far Cry 4 looks great with vorpx!! But two things donĀ“t work very well on my system.

First the right stick from my controller (XBox 360 emulates) does respond laggy (turning view).

And, after the game has to load a new area, there is unpredictable stuttering.

System rig:

i5 4670k szandard clock
    nvidia 780 GTX
    8 GB Ram

Anyone else got rid of that?

Maybe i might have not enough RAM, er?

Somebody with 16 GB wit the same problem (#2)?

Szabby
    Participant

Hi Nargorn!

No, your rig is absolutely OK, the stuttering problem is caused by poor porting and not becouse your PC is weak.

First I recommend you, to download all available fixes to the game.

The stuttering in most cases is due to mouse acceleration and/or buffer setings. You should search for GameProfile.xml file in FC4 folder, and open it with notepad (but before saving changes make a backup of the original file).

There you should disable mouse acceleration and mouse smoothing options. Sometimes DisableLoadingMip0=”1″ GPUMaxBufferedFrames=”1″ settings also help, but please note, that some of these settings can reduce texture wuality as well. Anyway, turning off mouse acceleration and smoothing worked fine for me.

In fact, there are great posts to be found in this theme for example on reddit or other channels.

Hope, this helped.

nargorn
    Participant

thank you, i will give it a try!:-)

nargorn
    Participant

worked better, but still using the gyrocopter results in fps of 11-20.

Szabby
    Participant

Are you playing on ultra settings?

nargorn
    Participant

no, on high. most of the time i am getting 45 fps at least.

lcurtis86
    Participant

I kicked myself after finding why I had your same problem:

1. Start VorpX
    2. Pause VorpX
    3. Start FarCry 4
    4. Wait for the splash screen.
    5. Resume VorpX
    6. Game will start to load, and you will see it on your desktop monitor.
    7. Click on the loading window (I can see my task bar, still, at this point, and this gets rid of that).
    8. After FarCry 4 logs-in to your profile press any key and the display snaps to the Rift.

Of course, you might want to fiddle a bit with some minor display settings, as well as the look sensitivity and head tracking, but it works and looks great as-is.

My problem now is using the right stick on my 360 controller. I can’t get the damn thing to let me turn my body so I can face where I want to go. If anyone could help me out with this I would appreciate it!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!