farming sim 2022 not hooking vive pro2 and quest 2

Homepage Forums Technical Support farming sim 2022 not hooking vive pro2 and quest 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Danoi7hexgtx1080
    Participant

Hi ralph i did email but no answer , been a long time , was here back when had a dk2 used vorpx alot back then , so know the basics , seen you had few changes since , tried all options that pop up in grey box on game launch but farm sim just hangs pro2 and shuts game down on quest 2 , as my friend just brought vorpx for same thing , there something in game clashing with your version.dll hence hang no overlays as tried other titles vorpx start right up , even tried deleting a few other dlls in farms files see if clash but still no joy any thoughts ?? as know it works with farm sim 2019 . thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

The game is out since two or three days. Can’t really say much, I haven’t checked it yet.

If you want to try the FS2019 profile as a base for creating a custom profile, you’ll have to run FS2022 with DirectX 11. As far a I’m aware FS2022 has both DX11 and DX12.

UPDATE:

A preliminary profile that doesn’t require any DX11 .ini hacks can now be downloaded on the ‘Cloud Profiles’ page of the vorpX config app, it’s called ‘Farming Simulator 2022 [vorpX]’.

Danoi7hexgtx1080
    Participant

Tried with custom farm sim 2019 profile no joy just hangs still and forced directx 11 in dxcpl.exe ,if get a chance to have a look let me know , or any other solutions thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll take look at it, but can’t tell you when yet. Thanks for your patience.

Not sure what you mean by ‘forced directx 11 in dxcpl.exe’. This page (click) has a short tutorial how to launch the game with DX11.

Danoi7hexgtx1080
    Participant

YOu sir are a legend its working doing that way on link sent , i tried windows 10 side in optional features the gpu tool to lock game to directx 11 , but that worked changing xml file thanks a bunch , il pass on to my mate with quest 2 , hope this helps others in future as well ===

Head over to the following location
    Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022
    Here, open the game.xml using a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++
    Now, change the following code
    <renderer>D3D_12</renderer>
    to

<renderer>D3D_11</renderer>
    Save the file (Ctrl + S) and exit out

Danoi7hexgtx1080
    Participant

and just noticed 6dof with track ir ,vorpx come along way 10/10 thats just added so much more immersion thanks again ralf ; )

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately TrackIR tracking breaks on-foot mouse based head tracking in Farming Simulator games. Quite odd that they only use it in vehicles, would work just as well in foot. I might be able to work around that in a future vorpX version.

I uploaded a preliminary profile that works with DX12, you can grab it from the ‘Cloud Profiles’ page in the config app. No automated settings at this point, that will have to wait until the next vorpX release. So make sure to check the instructions in the top/left corner of the game window.

Also make sure to revert the DX11 hack in the .ini, of course!

Danoi7hexgtx1080
    Participant

Ahh you read my mind was just about to ask about lack of head track on foot thanks for quick answer lol , anyway around it ? , with gamepad override as head tracking settings in vorpx settings tried relative and absolute but nothing on either i didnt try leaving on absolute before turning on head track i.r , i will give that ago in moment , il turn off head track ir feature if that fails , give me head look on foot again , shame both not working together .

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not without some code changes. *Might* be possible to workaround that for the next vorpX version, but I’m not 100% sure. So no promises. Will work with the next vorpX version. No firm date yet, probably shortly before Christmas.

subroutine
    Participant

Hi Ralf. FS22 now works on my system but Geometry 3D mode is not in the selection list, only Z-Normal. As with FS19, Z-Normal looks really odd in that the vehicle cabs are huge/out of proportion regardless of tweaking. Geometry 3D mode in FS19 runs good on my system, 5800x/3800ti. Is there a way to get Geometry 3D mode working in FS22 ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX only supports Z3D for DX12 currently. G3D *should* be possible for DX11, but since there is no way enable DX11 aside from a .ini hack, that will have to wait until the next vorpX is out. Automatically switching to DX11 is only possible with a new vorpX release. If all goes well shortly before Christmas.

Please keep in mind that the current profile is a preliminary one two days after the game has been released. Thanks for your patience.

subroutine
    Participant

I understand the game is new and I’m not rushing you :p . If I edit the ini to DX11 and copy over the FS19 profile for now, is that likely to work in G3d or would the ini hack work with the current FS22 profile?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Like said above, I’ll check that for the next vorpX release. It won’t just work by switching to DX11, there also has to be a G3D profile for the game, which currently does not exist.

subroutine
    Participant

I see. Thanks again.

Danoi7hexgtx1080
    Participant

hi ralph been having fun farm sim , but couple things , as said by others in other post link on farm sim , the stutter on screen with head tracking, its always been there since you released vorpx lol yeah im not fussed i think its sumthing to do with mouse smoothing/acceleration makes it look judder, also zsd g3d like you say brain can soon compensate for that when its not on but , there is a performance hit still somewhere , when using full vr , if change to cinema mode , its flawless on screen and even looking around room solid fps on vive pro2 rtx3080 , the same said for immersive screen , absolute no stutter on head track , i would be happy playing with stretched letterbox screen on immersive screen , but loose out by not having 360 head tracking i cant look behind as screen cuts off half way when turn body , is there away to lock immersive screen to headset so it works same as main vr screen and stretch image , it so smooth on headtrack and image quality i would be happy with that option if there is away i dont mind messing with files ??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!