Feature Request – Touch Controller Hotkeys (DirectVR Scan)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Feature Request – Touch Controller Hotkeys (DirectVR Scan)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

can have, for example press and hold Left and Right thumbstick on touch for 2+ Seconds to scan directVR, this would be very useful as having keyboad shortcuts is not ideal for VR, some games require a new scan on each new start up.

can have this in the in-game key bindings menu in the control panel, you could also bind anything else in that menu to the touch controller but the real reason for this would be the directVR scan.

Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you use the controllers as keyboard/mouse you can map them freely and map ALT-L (default for the Direct VR scan) to any button on the controllers.

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

okay but I was hoping to keep xbox controllers enabled, this is the ideal situation as you get analogue movement & better button prompts, in addition i was hoping to keep as many buttons free as possible as the amount of buttons is limited on the touch controller,the main case is mirrors edge where you need to do a scan on each boot up so

start mirrors edge
    get up and stand up in special area away from keyboard,
    get into game with 3D world, take 20 seconds with menu navigations etc.
    press and hold both thumbstick for 2 seconds for VR scan
    continue to use xbox gamepad options buttons for analogue movement

would be the ideal situation, otherwise each time you’d want to play the game would be a menu dreg assuming you want to kepe xbox control scheme.

maybe there are some other workarounds to this, maybe you can make one button a keyboard key and keep everything else xbox and the game thinks im using a gamepad, i haven’t looked into it, but my suggestion would seem to be the most logical if you -in the worse case scenario – have to do a scan on each boot up and your standing up with touch controllers in xbox mode, to have a press and hold 2x+ buttons for x seconds.

keep in mind the end goal -in many peoples eyes- is stand up VR with gamepad support for analogue movement and better button prompts.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The controller as gamepad options are kept simple on purpose. vorpX has far too many options already. Some things have to be kept simple.

The solution to your request is the method described above. It allows you to map any vorpX hotkeys to the controllers.

Alternatively you can run DirectVR scans from the vorpX ingame menu, which also works with Touch controllers configured as gamepad.

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

sadly I will have to take the 3rd option for just now, but try to take a look into it as a nice to have option to look into much later,as doign this on each start up would be rubbish not many people would bother with a game that doens’t remember the VR scan each time in this case of touch controllers as gamepad.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!