Feature request:screen distance offset increase in virtual cinema mode vlc

Homepage Forums Technical Support Feature request:screen distance offset increase in virtual cinema mode vlc

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

Hello Ralf,

Could we have the ability to increase the distance of the screen in vlc even when i use screen distance offset, currently the screen is absolutely huge in vlc, i can’t watch any movie at all, maybe there is something i am missing?

Thanks

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

Just thought i’d update this, this applies to everything in virtual cinema mode such as games, how are people able to play games in this mode, the screen is far too big, would probably need screen offset size set to 5.00!

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

sorry to bump this, i don’t mean to be impatient, i just want to know if i am missing something, is everyone really playing games/watching movies with a screen this big, is there some hidden option i am missing to reduce the screen size because even in a 4:3 screen my distance of the screen takes up the entire oculus rifts vieweable screen, my viweng distance must be 0.5x the diagonal distance or something, no where near the norm.

I would love to plaY 4:3 games and cinemascope movies in virtual cinema mode, because these look terible on my widescreen monitor, so this will be my main viewing for those aspect ratios.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The “Ambience” and “None” scenes allow you to push back the screen a good chunk farther.

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

okay i just tried that and it does help but it’s still far too large, in 4:3 the screen takes up the full heght of my vision, its a shame because this is the ultimate way to view content, in a perfect dimmed lighting cinema enviroment for all aspect ratios from super NES 8:7 to ben hur’s 2.76:1, it even does triple monitor aspect ratio.

do you think you will implement screen distance offset to 5.00 or is there a technical limitation, i’m starting to think i am crazy as maybe everyone thinks the screen size is fine?.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Definitely not for the lounge scene. The others will be looked into and *maybe* the max distance will be changed. As you noticed yourself, there weren’t any other requests for this so far, but I will re-evaluate this for you. No promises though.

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

thanks rafl, as a work around i found that when in “lounge” if i move my head close to the sensor and reset my center position, and then move back 4 feet in my room it looks better but its sill too large, probably about the same as “None” in that case, i wouldn’t mind knowing what other people are doing and how they feel about the screen size?

i have always dreamed of a modern high qaulity 4:3 screen and many home theater enthusiasts have requested that the industry make them so it’s really quite a big deal that vorpx provides this in an amazing enviroment, obviously this isnt’ the main feature of the product but its pretty good.

chichikb
    Participant

Hello,

First, vorpX is a great program. But like ‘OculusRiftRocks’ I need to increase the distance and the limit is so tiny. Something like 5 may help to use vorpX more than 10 minutes.

Thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!