Flight Simulator X, not working

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Flight Simulator X, not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    grimdar
    Participant

I’ve read all the documentation, and this is listed as one of the supported games. The game starts, but there’s no stereo/oculus view, just the usual window with nothing changed.

None of the Vorpx shortcuts work..

any help?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you try both the DX9 and the DX10 mode? Both *should* work (DX10 only partially though), but maybe for you at least one of the two does the trick.

You also might want to try hooking with a special vorpX shortcut, which I described here:

Cant get Mirror's Edge and Metro Last Light to work.

grimdar
    Participant

It’s definitely just in DX9 mode, I never mess with DX10. I also read the other thread about the shortcut, and I already made one, no luck.

The headtracking doesnt seem to work either, just moves the mouse.

I have no antivirus software and running everything in admin mode.

Ralf
    Keymaster

For head tracking you have to enable FSX’s freelook mode, [SHIFT]O per default, I believe. But that might be different for your FSX installation.

Sorry it doesn’t work for you. That not even the shortcut method does the trick is especially odd… Maybe just try DX10, doesn’t have Stereo 3D, but if it works, you would at least be able to fly a bit.

Might be a long shot, but do you happen to have any d3d9.dll in your FSX folder? I remember some people using frame limiters and such in FSX. If so, please remove the d3d9.dll, this is generally not supported with vorpX.

nvstewart
    Participant

FS works fine for me, except for one thing. Head Tracking. And yes, free look mode is the default Shift+O. Well the head tracking is working because the mouse moves when I move my head, just when I press Shift+O (shift+(oh)) it does not work.

Not sure what is going on here. Any help?

nvstewart
    Participant

Shift+O works fine in normal non VorpX mode. I also do not have the d3d9.dll.

grimdar
    Participant

It ended up working for me, I did indeed remove d3d9.dll (for those who have SweetFX or ENBSeries, this is a heads up for you). I also have to run the shortcut as admin for it to work.

nvstewart
    Participant

after you removed the dll did you boot it up to see the results? If so what worked and what didn’t?

grimdar
    Participant

The head tracking didn’t work, but it’s possible that the Shift+O shortcut isn’t properly set to mouselook in your FSX. You can do this by going to your FSX control settings and setting this shortcut.

The only real problem I had was the Virtual cockpits which all display as 2d panels. Ralf is apparently looking into this issue

nvstewart
    Participant

Already checked that Shift+O is already set properly and it was. Just the head tracking just does not work, even though the head tracking does move the mouse cursor like it should.

Ralf
    Keymaster

>> Ralf is apparently looking into this issue

Don’t forget to mention that I also said it might not be solvabe. :)

willypat
    Participant

FSX looks very good with geometry on and AA shut off..slideshow with AA. I’ve been using FSX with tridef and IZ3D…and when it comes to a 3D cockpit only IZ3D was able to do it well..but the tradeoff was …outside the cockpit was flat. The 3D outside the cockpit looks very good with Vorpx. Framerates are good with geometry and AA off. I am having the same issue like others with head tracking though…sure I will figure it out.

willypat
    Participant

Head tracking works in windowed mode…still no luck in fullscreen. Its excellent that eyeview and zoom work with head tracking. Still tweaking..Looks very good so far…FSX was the main reason for buying Vorpx.

Brendon
    Participant

For me the only way to get head tracking working was by going into window mode (ALT+ENTER) then back to full screen

aeronick
    Participant

I’m having similar problems with the head tracking. The head tracking roll works, and I can move the vorpx mouse cursor around, but I can’t enable mouse look. When not using vorpx the mouse look works as it should.

I did find one order of events that could make mouse look work with vorpx but it was only in window mode. If I switched to window mode, then ended the flight and reloaded, then I would have working mouse look. But after switching back to full screen it would stop working again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!