FPS counters with Vorpx

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion FPS counters with Vorpx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

is there anyway to get fraps or any other FPS counter software working with vorpx, I need to find out what my FPS is in games.

Thanks.

iankemp
    Participant

I use Rivatuner Statistics Server

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html

at lower right corner you can set the position of the counter and move it into sight. Try 300 / 300

Ralf
    Keymaster

FRAPS should work fine in most cases. I will make vorpX’s built in debug FPS counter available for everyone in one of the next versions.

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

built in FPS coulter would be amazing, thanks a lot ralf.

yeah Fraps didn’t work for me with vanishing of ethan carter (renamed exe to UDK, using vorpx shortcut), its weird the exe doesn’t even start up when fraps is running.

I tried rivatuner and it’s really odd, doesn’t seem to be working correctly, it puts the result at the very top of the image of where the rift is, so even if i look up with edeg peek I cant see it clearly as its always fixed at the very top, it also says D3D9 followed by the FPS counter, the FPS counter gives broken readings like 8543.1 fps, the only things that work are changing the colour and size of the reading, I can’t change the position.

But it looks like that would be the best one until we get a built in FPS counter, as you can place your FPS counter anywhere and at any size.

lipplog
    Participant

FRAPS should work fine in most cases. I will make vorpX’s built in debug FPS counter available for everyone in one of the next versions.

Oh wow. Does this exist yet?

Ralf
    Keymaster

[ALT][F] displays the current game and direct mode FPS values.

A list of available shortcuts (and a way to change them) can be found in the config app: “In-Game Key Bindings”.

lipplog
    Participant

Thank you! Is there, by chance, a way to lower the text closer to center screen, or increase the size? Edge-peek makes the text too small for me to read, and while the placement is better than any other FPS counter out there, it’s still high enough that I’m straining my eyeballs to look at it directly.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The position of the FPS counter is hard coded, sorry. No way to change it as a user.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!