G3D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    peteski123
    Participant

Thnaks for update Ralf,
    I am having issues with Metro Last Light, it has a very bad smearing effect and it will not show G3d as an option as your games list says, in fact nether of the Z modes add 3d as when I turn them off their is no difference in the 3d??
    Regards
    Pete

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

I tried last light redux before the update, couldn’t get geometry 3D to work, I could not get the game to run in DX9 mode so yeah, the changelog on vorpx website implies I am maent to not use the redux versions of metro in order to get geometry 3D.

peteski123
    Participant

Think you might be wrong sorry about the redux version, here is a cut and paste:
    – Metro 2033 Redux (Z3D)
    – Metro: Last Light (G3D/Z3D)
    – Metro: Last Light Redux (Z3D)

Regards

Ralf
    Keymaster

Geometry 3D for Metro requires the DX9 renderer currently. The Redux versions are DX11 only. There doesn’t seem to be much that makes the Redux versions superior anyway.

The black smear is caused by the DK2s OLED display. vorpX has a software fix on the display page of the ingame menu. Didn’t try it in Metro, but it should do the trick (may be dependant on a game’s gamma setting though).

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

thanks for that clarification rafl, I’ll be sure to note that and try out the geometry 3D versions of those games by ignosing the redux versions.

metro 2033 redux does look better than the original, but I would rather have geometry 3D if I could, especially now that positional tracking works with it.

If you could prioritize the inclusion of scale UI in these two games that would make a huge difference, unfortunately not seeing your ammo count affects gameplay quite negatively in these two games.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!