Generation Zero

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Generation Zero

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    james002
    Participant

I want to ask whether Generation zero is supported?? because if it is supported then I will purchase it

dellrifter22
    Participant

I’ve been waiting for this to go on sale before I give it a go in vorpX.

It’s not officially supported, but is said to run on the same engine as The Hunter: Call of the Wild, which is supported. This means a copied profile might work. In fact someone has already put one on the cloud claiming G3D.

If you’ve tried Call of the Wild in G3D, you’ll know it has a couple issues with grass, shadows, and scopes not looking quite right. Perhaps these might carry over to GZero too. (I’ve wondered if the grass might be fixable with the authoring tool)

The Z3D option is still a good option, and currently how I enjoy Call of the Wild. It’s very likely it will work just as well in GZero.

Also note that it wont have DirectVR, so you might have to experiment a bit to find good FOV and headtracking values.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I picked this up on sale this week and can confirm the Call of the Wild profile did the trick for G3D. I’ve uploaded a custom profile fixing a few additional shadows and adjusting for the games smaller FOV than Call of the Wild.

You can read more about it here and download from the cloud if you wish.

Pretty neat experience so far, glad I picked this up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!