genshin impact works in Z3D

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings genshin impact works in Z3D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    steph12
    Participant

hey,

this game uses unity engine.
    use firewatch profile, make a copy of it, attach genshinimpact.exe, and tweak to your liking.
    Z3D works great, G3D has shadows glitch.
    if you alt-tab while ingame, game will hang in vorpx, so you’ll have to restart the game.
    you dont have to run the game in windowed mode for 3D to work, unlike firewatch.

enjoy ! ^^

steph12
    Participant

btw, use it at your own risk, i dont know if we can get banned for this, vorpx is not a hacking tool in the “cheating” aspect, but i’m not 100% sure this could be tolerated by devs.

anyway i’m using it and it looks really good :p

Shpinxis
    Participant

Was literally coming back to these forums to see if someone had mentioned this game. Going to reinstall all my VR stuff just to try this.

Care to share your settings?

steph12
    Participant

i’m just playing cinematic mode (no background) with gamepad (no headtracking) but if you play with mouse you can have headtracking, i almost didnt tweak the profile except getting the cinematic windows a bit closer.

i wish we could tweak the fov, but so far it’s perfectly playable, looks great, performance is good in Z3D despite of the game being caped at 60 fps.

i’ll try to share my profile this afternoon, but since i changed my hardware i’m not allowed to, each time i get message “this profile was created by another user” yet i’m trying to share a custom profile of my own based on official profile.

senoctar
    Participant

Has anyone else got this game working?
    For me the vorpX logo is visible but it gets stuck right after miHoYo logo. I’ve tried various settings and resolutions it always does the same.

Shpinxis
    Participant

@senoctar Yeah I came back to say that the Vorpx and the game just freeze when I open the game. I’m sad because I REALLY want this game in VR.

@steph12
    You didn’t have any freezing problems?

Shpinxis
    Participant

@steph12 You didn’t have any freezing problems? Are you able to change the title to say there are problems? Maybe we can get ralph’s attention and he’ll look at it? It’s free to play, so would be easy to test.

TechnoGoat
    Participant

I had to enable “Run vorpX Control as administrator” and i had to start the genshinimpact.exe directly instead of the launcher. Only then it hooked to the game. But now it is freezing and telling me, that it must be in windowed mode. But that makes no change. Still freezing immediately after starting…

Shpinxis
    Participant

Yeah I got it to hook like that. Then I tried a lot of different settings in game, but nothing stopped it from freezing sadly.

KittyCatCanCan
    Participant

Made an account, just to chime in.

Around 4 days ago Mihoyo released a 2MB patch that broke Reshade. Maybe that patch broke other methods of hooking into the game. Not even Nvidias overlays work with the game anymore.

hadrieldm
    Participant

I managed to get it to work a few days ago on the Quest through SteamVR (SteamVR setting + Touch controllers on the VorpX config app), but it’s a bit choppy even on lowest settings. I assume it has something to do with the locked framerate the game forces (if anyone thinks it could be something else, let me know).
    When I try to use the Oculus + Touch controllers setting then the app hangs immediately after starting.

steph12
    Participant

sorry guys but i stopped playing that cash grab game 1 day after i started this thread, maybe like you said they released a patch and now vorpx wont just hook, i uninstalled game so i cant check, but at release it was working perfectly fine. too bad if it’s not the case anymore.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX has to be run as admin since the game also requires admin rights for some reason. Normally vorpX shows a warning if it doesn’t have sufficient rights to hook a known game. Unfortunately that’s broken in the current public build, sorry for that.

There is a checkbox labeled ‘Run vorpX Control as admin’ in the config app on the ‘General’ page. That will do the trick.

BTW: Not really good practice for a game released 2020 to request admin rights, makes me wonder why they do that.

KittyCatCanCan
    Participant

It’s asking for admin for their anti-cheat system to work properly.

For more info on it, just google “genshin kernel level anti cheat”

bcshurag
    Participant

I apologize for my terrible English as I write with an online translator. Everything works fine with the RainyKawa profile. Headset – Pimax 4k. The only thing that I had to switch the Headset Sync to original. In New mode, there were terrible friezes on my 1070 video card. If necessary, I can describe in detail the versions of my software and hardware.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!