Ghost Recon Wildlands + First Person mod

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Ghost Recon Wildlands + First Person mod

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dellrifter22
    Participant

It sounds like a game Field of View issue. If the fov is too low, everything will feel too zoomed in. If the fov is too high, the edges of your view will appear to stretch and bend. It can be tricky to find the right spot sometimes.

the latest 2.1 version of the first person mod has not yet been tested with this profile. I have read that the fov has been dramatically increased in the new version, so that will likely need to be adjusted and turned down. For the time being though, I would recommend the old initial version of the mod, which you can still download there.

In the case of this game, there are 3 things that factor into the fov you see in your headset:

1. resolution aspect ratio. a taller (less wide) ratio will increase the games base camera fov as it seems to be measured vertically. Hence the specific resolutions i listed above.
    2. the game has an “Extended FOV” slider to go a little higher than default (I recommend turning this all the way to 100% with version 1 of the mod. version 2 likely increases this value way higher than we need)
    3. vorpX image zoom setting. This determines how close the image is to your face, so zoom in = less view of the game screen, zoom out = more view of the game screen. I have chosen .90 (90%) for the zoom level in this profile. zooming out gives a few extra degrees fov that was needed, and also helps make the image a little bit sharper by condensing the pixels more.

kjracing81
    Participant

Using the old version fixed it. Cheers

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!