Half-Life 2 unstable centering?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Half-Life 2 unstable centering?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lipplog
    Participant

My screen image appears to be flashing between more than one perspective or body position. For example, my gun stutters between the right and left sides of my screen, along with everything else. Hitting the DirectVR and Centrring options don’t fix it. I thought it might be the wireless tracking on my TPCast unit, but it doesn’t happen on the other games I’ve tested. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure to select a 4:3 resolution to minimize the possibility of flicker, that should remove whole image flicker almost entirely. Occasional weapon flicker may remain, especially on CPUs with ‘only’ 4 logical cores (i5).

lipplog
    Participant

Okay 3 questions:

1. What’s the highest 4:5 resolution I can go on Half Life 2?

2. Which buttons on the Vive controller switch weapons?

3. I just upgraded to an i7. Is there something I need to do to take full advantage?

Ralf
    Keymaster

1. If you added the custom resolutions for Direct VR (vorpX help or this post), the highest 4:3 resolution is 2240×1680.

2. Not 100% sure currently, per default you can probably switch wapons with left grip button (map shift) + right thumb pad. If not, you can map that to anything you prefer in the vorpX menu.

3. Nothing besides making sure that “Hyper Threading” is enabled in the BIOS (almost certainly that is the case unless you disabled it).

lipplog
    Participant

1. WOW! How did I not know about this?! I’m using a tv as an external display, so none of these resolutions were available to me, until now.

2. Yeah, the Next Weapon command is triggered by squeezing the left controller palm buttons and pressing the right controller top button. But while you to move over each selection with the right controller trackpad, you’re supposed to select one with the right controller trigger. But unfortunately this only seems to happen one out of ten times. Making it almost impossible to switch weapons. If anyone knows a more reliable button assignment, please let me know.

3. I will check my bios ASAP.

Thanks so much, Ralf! You are awesome!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!