Half Life 2 update, Breaks VorpX

Homepage Forums Technical Support Half Life 2 update, Breaks VorpX

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure to use the Steam version of the game and if you changed any vorpX settings, reset the profile to default in the config app.

Also make sure to remove any mods if you have mods installed for the game.

DirectVR tracking/FOV should work out of the box for HL2 without even running the memory scanner.

swirlser
    Participant

Anyone been using it recently?

I just tried to play this now, freshly installed, and Im getting double vision, a bit like looking at SBS on my desktop.

Ive tried restarting, resetting profile (not sure why since I hadnt altered anything), attemption to change the resolution – which very hard to see at all because it has some very low res set and is tiny being double vision!

Index/win10/nvidia 442.19

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please exit SteamVR before launching the game. There should be a message about that in the upper left corner of the game window normally if SteamVR is already running.

swirlser
    Participant

Thank you, that worked.

The message is there, but I guess I dismissed it – as in didnt let it sink in as its similar to one of the other messages that suggests restarting in order to get certain options to take effect.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Better not to dismiss any of these messages, the restart hints also aren’t just shown for fun. They are shown whenever vorpX makes changes to game config files. In most cases such changes aren’t applied immediately since games aren’t really aware of them until they reload the config file in question. Hence the restart notifications.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!