Halo CE within Master Chief collection

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Halo CE within Master Chief collection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    slydog43
    Participant

Anyone get this to hook with yesterdays drop? I tried with the Steam Release and couldn’t get it to hook.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I spent my evening yesterday finding g3d for this and Reach with some luck. I’ll try to post a profile by tomorrow after an attempt to fix a couple more shader issues.

But so far so good.

moarveer
    Participant

That’s some fantastic news!

moarveer
    Participant

I was wondering, Ralf are you going to make an official profile for HALO MCC? I think few things will get more Vorpx sales than being able to play Halo in VR

Ralf
    Keymaster

Judging from an earlier forum post I was under the impression that the games are UWP (Universal Windows Platform) titles which typically are protected against hooking into them. At least for the MS Game Pass version that’s probably the case.

I’ll check whether the Steam version works, wasn’t aware that there was one until a few a days ago. Don’t count on it, but with some luck the Steam version might be a ‘normal’ Windows application.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Short update: Not UWP but Easy Anti Cheat spoils it as far as an official profile is concerned.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I did not have the time yesterday I expected to finish the profile and do the full write up, which I will do this weekend.

I did however upload the profile now anyway in it’s current state, if you are wanting to try it asap. Halo CE G3D is working best, Reach still needs a bit more work. I’ve only tested a few levels of the campaign, no online play yet. Search the cloud for:

Halo: The Master Chief Collection [dellrifter22]

This is tested on the steam version, but I added the windows store exe provided us by Beardo Benjo, which may work also. Fortunately HMCC shipped with an Anti-Cheat Disabled mode for modding that we can launch to work in vorpX (select from steam launch option when starting).

Brief recommendations before I go:

-use 16:9 resolution (2560×1440)
    -set FOV to 118 in game video settings for both first person and vehicle
    -set graphical quality to Original (not Enhanced)

*Adjustable HUD
    *Global Illumination toggle via G3D shadow treatment
    *Tested on HP Reverb, online play not yet tested

Ok I run to work now, see you guys later this weekend with update.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Fortunately HMCC shipped with an Anti-Cheat Disabled mode for modding that we can launch to work in vorpX (select from steam launch option when starting).

Interesting, I did not notice that. Will take a closer look myself and see whether I maybe can add some DirectVR stuff.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Yes Ralf, it’s working quite well in G3D, though I did choose to use additional FOV enhancement for better weapon placement. Feel free to have a look.

I’ve made more adjustments and reuploaded to the cloud for anyone to use. you can read about it here.

– set FOV to max 120 in game video settings

slydog43
    Participant

Thanks delrifter22, Game is looking very nice. Not sure how you will improve it more. Makes another good game to show off VR as many flat gamers know this game.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Can this profile support Direct VR?

moarveer
    Participant

Huge thanks Dellrifter22! And Ralf, I’m ready to beg for DirectVR support, so pls pls I’m crossing fingers for this.

Ralf
    Keymaster

All dellrifter’s work so far.

I’ll check whether it will be possible to do some DirectVR stuff for an official profile, but for those not afraid of configuring FOV etc. manually there is no reason to wait for that.

@ moarveer: You probably will consider the following a rather unusual request, I don’t mean ill: I’d prefer if you would dial back the applauding and encouraging of user profile authors a bit. I know you mean well, and obviously everyone should at least say thanks when using a user profile, but too much of that automatically puts a certain kind of pressure on people who are spending their free time. Maybe it’s just me, but somehow putting pressure on volunteers never feels quite right to me, even if done with kind words and good intentions.

moarveer
    Participant

Mmmm… What? The only thing I’ve said to dellrifter22 is “that’s some fantastic news” and “Huge thanks Dellrifter22”, nothing else. I haven’t done any kind of request to him of any kind, nor I’ve never done any kind of request to any other user that I can remember. I’ve always referred specifically to you about an official profile for HMCC. I understand that you want to protect profile creators from external pressure, but I don’t think that saying thanks puts pressure of any kind on him. In any case don’t worry, I’ll avoid being grateful to anyone posting profile posts in the future.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No need to stop being grateful, I know you have good intentions. Like I said, everyone should of course thank user profile authors for their work. I’d just like to avoid that anyone starts to feel obliged and/or pressured. Consider that a little eccentricity of mine. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!