Headless Ghost / Dummy Display Port Adapter

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Headless Ghost / Dummy Display Port Adapter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nickhod
    Participant

I have a 1080p monitor on my VR PC, which is too low resolution for immersive mode. I tried the NVidia custom resolution feature and that works well, but it’s hassle to switch every time and for me it causes issues when I switch back that requires a restart.

I was thinking about getting one of these https://www.headlessghost.com/ (or a cheap clone) to create a fake second monitor at a higher resolution.

I guess that monitor could then be made the main display, so the game starts on that. Has anyone tried this with Vorpx before I spend some money?

hemingwaysghost
    Participant

I run my PC as a headless ghost with a plug I got from Amazon. Works fantastic. I didn’t even have a monitor for a year or so, but now have the PC connected to my TV.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ hemingwaysghost: Did you try it vorpX? If it works I’d happily check this myself and write up a little guide for those interested. nVidia’s custom resolutions typically work great from my experinece, but things are different for AMD, so AMD users in particular might find this interesting.

RJK_
    Participant

I am using this method to change to any custom resolution with just one mouseclick through the windows start menu. Quite handy in my eyes.

Tutorial: Resolution change with one mouseclick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!