Help getting Ys Memories of Celceta to work

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Help getting Ys Memories of Celceta to work

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ogrescar
    Participant

The last time I looked at this, the Tokyo 42 profile in the cloud rendered z3d. It was pretty weak, compared to what I got in Tridef, but there was some depth there. Not sure what the base profile is, but it’s Unity 5.1.

The game can’t be hooked in fullscreen, so run borderless or windowed.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

I tried a handful of additional profiles and the only one’s I’ve found so far that do z3d are too low strength – essentially flat, if you compare them to tridef. Must be something strange with the depth buffer, maybe it’s logarithmic or something – I dunno.

Which profiles were those that worked. Because sometimes the 3D doesn’t work if Antialiasing is turned on. And this game has the option to turn antialiasing off in the in-game settings. Maybe if I turn it off the 3D will work.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

I couldn’t get the Tokyo 42 profile to hook. I ran it in windowed and borderless like you said but no luck. Is there something I’m missing or any other profiles I can try?

Ogrescar
    Participant

I don’t think a different profile is going to make any difference. The game hooks for me without a profile, as long as I’m not running fullscreen. You can try turning off the option to block game overlays to see if it makes any difference. The alternative hooking method doesn’t work, so no need to try that.

If you can find a copy of tridef (I heard there was an unlocked version on reddit), it works well using the generic tridef profile, and isn’t impacted by the game’s anti-aliasing. I’d use virtual desktop and crank up the supersampling a bit to improve the image quality, if your gpu can handle it.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Thanks, I got it to work by turning off the option to block game overlays and also turning off alternate hooking method found in the VorpX general settings. And of course, starting the game in windowed mode.

The 3D works in z-normal and I got the 3D to pop out better by going to crystal image any selecting aggressive.

I’ll upload the profile to the cloud so everyone can try it out. Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!