HELP RESIDENT EVIL 2 FIRST PERSON MOD

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings HELP RESIDENT EVIL 2 FIRST PERSON MOD

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    CrazyDolphin
    Participant

@luka2099

Thanks again for the advice.
    Unfortunately, again, nothing has changed. Whether in Fullscreen, Windowed, or Borderless Window (and all tried at varying levels of resolution), nothing would happen when pressing INS while in-game using vorpX/SteamVR.

One interesting observation is that, even after exiting vorpX, the Steam Theater Mode (when Steam VR is active) no longer works for RE2, as long as the 1st person mod can be activated.

luka2099
    Participant

I am sorry. I remember that initially it gave me this problem too. the mod menu did not appear. i really can’t remember the steps i took !!!! do you have the latest version of frameworks?

CrazyDolphin
    Participant

@luka2099
    Nothing for you to be sorry about. I appreciate your kindness in responding to me.
    The latest version of frameworks is what I discovered on the NexusMod website (and seems to be the same file on the Mod DB website):
    RE2 Mod Framework master (includes first-person mod)-11-1-0-0-1549445984.zip
    This file had an upload date of Feb 2019.

CrazyDolphin
    Participant

Minor Update:

I finally realized the github page where I got access to the RE2.zip file (the dinput8.dll file), also has the latest RE2 Framework files (e.g., the github link had a ‘build_vs2019.bat’, whereas the Nexus Mods/Mod DB link had a ‘install_vs2017.bat’).

Unfortunately, deleting the Nexus Mod files and replacing them with the github files did NOT resolve the issue (e.g., the 1st person mod only works when voprX/Steam VR is off).

At this stage, the only option left I can think of is to uninstall/reinstall everything and see if it works (I’ve done this twice so far, and it hasn’t helped yet, so I’ve got low confidence on it working this time).

luka2099
    Participant

Reinstall and copy only dimput8.dll on game directory

CrazyDolphin
    Participant

@luka2099,

Tried your suggestion, and nothing happened.
    I couldn’t turn on the 1st person mod at all (using the INS button) until I had the RE2 Framework files installed along with the dll file, and that was only with vorpX and Steam VR off.

I do appreciate your patience and help with this, but I’m done with trying to make the 1st person mod work in vorpX. After installing/re-installing the game 4 times now, and trying what I think is every variation on installing the files to get the mod to work, there’s just no headway being made.

On the bright side, vorpX plays RE2 fine without the 1st person mod.

Thank you again for your all of your help.

CrazyDolphin
    Participant

Ehhhh,

Sorry for the defeatist attitude back there. If any alternative method comes up, I’ll try it (hopefully, I’ll not have to uninstall and reinstall).

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!