HELP RESIDENT EVIL 2 FIRST PERSON MOD

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings HELP RESIDENT EVIL 2 FIRST PERSON MOD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    luka2099
    Participant

I need help ! Please! If star game with vorpx , the menu of mod dont start! If run without vorpx the mod run well! Please help me!

Dave
    Participant

The mod is just a simple dinput8.dll file, it could be blocked by vorpx, have a look into your vorpx-config-app in the excluded files, or try the alternative hooking method option in the vorpx-config-app. If you can’t solve the problem, try the vorpx-desktop-viewer, it has also a full-vr option.

comatrix
    Participant

I have EXACTLY the same problem *_*

Ralf
    Keymaster

While I will look into this particular issue with dinput.dll hooks, in general there isn’t much more to say in regard to mods than what is said in the trouble shooting guide: if you experience any issues while you have mods installed for a game, first and foremost try without.

Particularly mods like this one that hook into DirectX function that vorpX also hooks can cause all sorts of unpredictable problem.

BTW: No double posts please. Thanks! I have deleted your other post regarding the same matter.

comatrix
    Participant

While I will look into this particular issue with dinput.dll hooks, in general there isn’t much more to say in regard to mods than what is said in the trouble shooting guide: if you experience any issues while you have mods installed for a game, first and foremost try without.

Particularly mods like this one that hook into DirectX function that vorpX also hooks can cause all sorts of unpredictable problem.

BTW: No double posts please. Thanks! I have deleted your other post regarding the same matter.

Thanks a lot Ralf, I saw several videos on the net (YouTube) and read some pages, but nobody explains hot to make it working, I’m wondering why..
    If some people were able to get it working, why not sharing your competences…

luka2099
    Participant

I don’t know what he did, but now it works. i started it once with vorpx desktop streamer and in window mode, then it started me working with normal vorpx too. And now it works for me also with resident evil 3! it’s really crazy cool, I never stop thanking whoever invented this vorpx program !!!!!!

comatrix
    Participant

I don’t know what he did, but now it works. i started it once with vorpx desktop streamer and in window mode, then it started me working with normal vorpx too. And now it works for me also with resident evil 3! it’s really crazy cool, I never stop thanking whoever invented this vorpx program !!!!!!

Lucky you, to still does not work.
    Can you describe exactly what you did step by step?
    Thanks

luka2099
    Participant

nothing in particular. i installed resident evil from steam. then I simply copied the mod file. then I started it in window mode with vorpx desktopwiever, once started press ins to activate the mod

comatrix
    Participant

nothing in particular. i installed resident evil from steam. then I simply copied the mod file. then I started it in window mode with vorpx desktopwiever, once started press ins to activate the mod

Lucky you, see this:

CrazyDolphin
    Participant

Installing the RE2 Mod Framework files and the dinput8.dll allows the 1st person mode when vorpX is not active.

Activating vorpX disables the mod, but everything else within vorpX works just fine (e.g., no problem in playing the game in Immersive Mode via 3rs-person viewpoint).
    I tried using the vorpX desktop viewer, like others have mentioned above, but the 1st-person mod would not activate.

I also tried activating the 1st-person mod using INS keyboard button, but no success.

If anybody has found a solution, could you state the step taken taken to get it to work?
    Also, does anybody know if the RE3 remake also shares the same issue?

luka2099
    Participant

i confirm that i just downloaded re 2 and re 3 from steam, copied imput8.dll file and the game works perfectly with normal vorpx, no need to use desktop viewer. just press the ins key during the game to get the mod menu

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10226168130983948&id=1659065350

luka2099
    Participant

i forgot the mod menu will be displayed on the desktop screen and not in the headset

CrazyDolphin
    Participant

@luka2099,
    Thank you very much for the information and guidance.
    Unfortunately, it did not work. I tried the following 2 methods:

Method 1
    – Download game from Steam.
    – Play game on monitor until I reach the first save point. Quit game.
    – Place the dinput8.dll in RE2 game folder.
    – Import default RE2 vorpX profile. Click on ‘Apply’.
    – Start up Steam VR. Select play for RE2.
    – Load up game save. Once in game, pressing INS does nothing to bring up the Mod Menu (looking at desktop screen in fullscreen and Windowed mode).

Method 2
    – Same as Method 1 except when placing the dinput8.dll file in the game folder, I also place the Mode Menu files in the game folder.
    – Starting up the game on desktop only (voprX and Steam VR are off) brings up the Mod Menu when pressing INS.
    – Starting up the game with Steam VR and vorpX active allows the game to start, and looks good on the Valve Index, but pressing INS does not bring up the Mod Menu on the desktop.

Regardless of which Method, upon start up in vorpX, I get a message indicating the presence of a ‘unknown dll file’ that may cause conflict with vorpX.

vorpX is working fine regardless of method, but the 1st-person mod is working in desktop-only mode.

I don’t doubt it is working for you (especially when looking at the Facebook video you linked), I just can’t get it working for myself, using the above Methods.

CrazyDolphin
    Participant

In case it helps anyone:
    – The RE2 dll file I am using is the latest file from github v1.06.3, which contains a RE2.zip file
    – The RE2 Mod Framework files are the one from the NexusMod website.

luka2099
    Participant

Try to run game with window mode on option in game!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!