Skyrim Water level bug

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Skyrim Water level bug

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Heathen72
    Participant

Hey all, I am having a similar problem to the one szeliga90 described in his post here:

… Whenever I move my headset up and down (changing angle not position) water changes its level. It’s visible most of all when I look at the river from the top of a mountain, and when I change the angle of my head about 45 degrees river can loose even 50% of its depth. That doesn’t happen at all when I moving ‘character’ head using mouse. Any idea what could causing it?

I’ll add to this that the level of the water surface appears to change even when I am in the map screen, based on the orientation of my headset (a Vive). It makes for a very nauseating experience whenever I am around water.

I was using some of the same mods as szeliga90 was using (Static Mesh Improvement and Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch) but disabling them has done nothing, so I have deleted the game and am trying a completely vanilla install. But if there is a simple answer to the problem I would really appreciate it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to disable the “G3D Latency Enhancement” on the head tracking page of the vorpX ingame menu. if I understand your issue correctly, that will help. You have to decide for yourself what is more important to you: the slightly enhanced head tracking latency or removing the visual glitch.

Godlock
    Participant

I had this bug. Do you perhaps have 3D FOV enhancement above 0? or maybe camera height? Setting 3D FOV enhancement to 0 solved this for me.

Heathen72
    Participant

Thanks heaps to both of you. That’s fixed the issue.

nieda113
    Participant

yeas its the fov voprx settings.. just decrease that value…

alegse
    Participant

I noticed this same bug.
    Unfortunately it occurs with DirectVR Scan
    When DirectVR is on this happens even with “G3D Latency Enhancement” =0 and no 3d fov enhancement.

Still I think DirectVR gives a nice smooth head tracking and is still worth it even with this graphics bug.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Disable the “G3D Latency Enhancement” on the head tracking page of the vorpX ingame menu. You have to decide for yourself what is more important to you: the slightly enhanced head tracking latency or removing the visual glitch.

alegse
    Participant

“G3D Latency Enhancement” is already disabled. however bug remains.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The remaining change after disabling the latency enhancement is related to positional tracking, which can also be disabled if you consider the glitch more important. The next vorpX version will come with *EXPERIMENTAL* positional Direct VR for Skyrim, which won’t show this behavior (but may introduce other gitches).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!