Hey ralf, can you add the option of resizing the cinema screen to WHATEVER size?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Hey ralf, can you add the option of resizing the cinema screen to WHATEVER size?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mpmo
    Participant

The screen isn’t so big, it’s like an 80 inch screen right in front of you. Is there a way to adjust the size to make it imax sized screen? and please allow an an option to let us ajust the distance and size AS MUCH as we want (i don’t get why there’s a limit when this is in vr lol..)

like, allow us to resize to the size of a small monitor, or to the size of the biggest imax screen in the world! no limits

and also, adjusting the SCREEN fov would be amazing like virtual desktop does

is it possible for you to add these features later?

RJK_
    Participant

True, in some cases a larger screensize could help, for example racing games where the cockpit appears too small.
    https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/vr-racing-games/#post-166949

Power to the People

Ralf
    Keymaster

The cinema/immersive screen mode screen is ~3.5×2.0m large with a 16:9 resolution. You can see that quite well in the lounge scene where you have an actual reference.

If something looks too small, you have set the 3D-strength too high. Perceived scale and 3D-strength (eye separation) are directly interlinked with each other. That’s how stereo vision works.

mpmo
    Participant

because when i play 3rd person games in the cinema, even if i have the size of the screen at max, it’s NOT as if i’m looking through a window as everyone says. Because the scale is much smaller than how it actually should be when standing behind the player. When i go to full vr, the scale becomes bigger and perfect. It’s like i’m standing behind them (but problem is i’m too close to them unfortuantely which makes it unplayable for me). Which is why i asked if you could add a feature to make the screen size even bigger than it’s current limit.

Wait, i just reread your message, so i can adjust the scale and make everything bigger right now? using the 3d strength?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, 3D-strength and perceived scale are the same thing. Would be the same in reality. If you eyes were closer together (less 3d-strength), you would percieve the world larger. If your eyes were farther apart (more 3d-strength), you would percieve the world being smaller.

mpmo
    Participant

ahhh didn’t know that. good to know! So correct me if i’m wrong, we should basically should change the 3d strength in all 3rd person games when viewing in cinema/immersive mode to make the scale correct. Ignore if correct lol.

also, adding an option to change screen fov and size and distance with much less limitations would be amazing, is it a technical difficulty?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!