How do I get The Long Dark to work with CV1?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion How do I get The Long Dark to work with CV1?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Greif
    Participant

Ahhh great! I finally managed to get it working! You dont need to make shortcuts. Its just one tiny thing you need to do:

Just go into your steam libary – there you can rightclick on the game in your libary list. Properties – startoptions – and there you put “-force-d3d9” without the quotes in. And there you go!

Works perfect!

ajb1978
    Participant

I still have to create a desktop shortcut to get vorpX to hook the executable. However even with -force-d3d9 in the Steam startup options, I still have to spam-click the game’s shortcut before it will hook properly. On the off chance I do get the game to run, there is no 3D support. It’s just like playing the game on an imax or something, with the ability to use head tracking to control the mouse (and thus, where I’m looking).

Those of you who’ve said you got it working, is that the experience you’re having? Or are you actually getting a full 3D rendering?

Greif
    Participant

I know what you mean. I dont think there is any other way you can Play it at the Moment. I always press the mouse Wheel to zoom out for the inventory and stuff. Still i got it set up fine so i can enjoy myself in the world.

Of Course it is not perfect. I’m new to this, so maybe there are more Options – but im just happy that it finally run’s…

Greif
    Participant

One more Thing about the “real 3D”. I just found the post of Ralph talking about it:

“If a game has Geometry 3D everything is rendered twice using two cameras exactly like in native VR apps. This is ‘real’ 3D. If you think it’s not enough and want to enhance the effect, you can do that by raising the “3D-Strength/Separation” parameter on the main page of the ingame menu. Be careful though, the default value usually is close to a natural 3D strength. You can go way beyond that, but doing so makes the world look smaller.
    Just in case: also make sure to raise the field of view. Things looking wrong may be a result of skipping this (very important!) step. The general options you have in this regard are described in the Essential Hints Guide in the help.”

You know it makes sense. If you wouldnt see 2 diferent Pictures you would recognize it :-D

ajb1978
    Participant

Oh, so no one has been able to get it to work in actual 3D? Bleh. There’s no real advantage to me playing it on a virtual Imax since I already have a pretty big monitor on my desk. I seriously hope this game gets some real support for 3D rendering.

The thing is, I know it can be done, because the old TriDef program is able to render the game in 3D. The only problem is it lacks head tracking since they dropped their Rift support after the DK1. I would much rather see support in vorpX because it has immensely greater capabilities, I think. One thing TriDef did have was the ability to set a dominant eye, which in The Long Dark is critical to aiming with a rifle or flare gun. For example, set your left eye as dominant, and when aiming with a rifle and you close your right eye and see only with your left, you are dead center with the iron sights of the rifle. I don’t know if vorpX supports that or not–can anyone confirm?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!