How playable is Skyrim SE FO4 on 1080 and 1080 ti?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion How playable is Skyrim SE FO4 on 1080 and 1080 ti?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Tiggerdyret
    Participant

So you are just playing with the standard format 3840×2160? Have you tried 2880×2160, which would be the 4:3 aspect ratio for 4k? Might give you a few more fps.

PhoenixSpyder
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion. I use to do this when I was using my 1440p monitor as my main screen. For Skyrim VR I have been just using the 16:9 3840×2160 resolution and tweaking the distance settings.

I tried to create some 4:3 resolutions but my 4k TV wouldn’t allow me to create any. So I plugged back in my 1440p monitor and created them with that instead. I created 5 new 4:3 resolutions for experimentation but Skyrim only detects the 2800×2160 for some reason.

After doing some testing and tweaking at 2800×2160 I think I’m very happy with this resolution. I can have Skyrim at High settings with AF=16 AA=off, vorpx z-buffer at my original custom preferences and be running 90fps everywhere, including in the forest with tonnes of grass & flora all around. This is also running 15 visual mods. Literally runs liquid smooth. An incredible experience…nearly as good as playing on my 4k TV graphically…but many times more immersive due to 90fps VR.

I did try geometry settings but after experiencing how liquid smooth and rock solid 90fps is outside I can see the slight jerkiness when turning with my mouse (yes, still a K & M user in Skyrim, haven’t yet setup touch) with things locked at 45fps…due to G3D. I guess we all have our preferences.

Thanks again for reminding me with the res suggestion. Get your 1080Ti…you WILL love it. Hope you can get one before the price increase.

Cheers!!!

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

Have you tried setting a custom resolution through the Skyrimpref.ini? That’s usually how I do it with VR aspect ratios.
    Thanks for the heads up on price increase. Luckily my old man is just as big a gear freak as me, so he totally understood why I needed 300 bucks right now, haha!

PhoenixSpyder
    Participant

LOL…nice to have the luxury of Dad.

I didn’t try the Skyrimpref.ini yet…but will at some point. 2800×2160 is doing great for now.

Good luck with the card when you get it.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!