How to add 4K-12K custom resolutions for PC games?

Homepage Forums Technical Support How to add 4K-12K custom resolutions for PC games?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    v301
    Participant

HMD
    VR sets are: 4K and 8K and 12K (vertical 2160 horizontal 4320) and more.

When the game engine source image when rendered in the vertical resolution of a monitor that does not accept manually set resolution in nvidia, amd or intel settings.

The question is how to force a non-FullVR game to run with a higher resolution than the physical monitor?

Is using the standard “Custom Resolution Utility” CRU.exe enough?

I am asking Ralf for help and pinning the topic wit your dedicated tutorial.

Ralf
    Keymaster

nVidia has a better solution for that, much easier to handle.

Custom Resolutions for the Direct VR Settings Optimizer

v301
    Participant

Works, excellent Thank You Ralf for VorpX.
    VorpX can handle the curved image vertically and horizontally in proportion, which is awesome! “Virtual Decktop” can’t vertically warp what looks like an upturned hourglass, poorly :(. I have 2 VorpX licenses and I’m not afraid to use them :)

Nvidia adding native custom resolution e.g. 60Hz symmetrically to glasses, ups FPS by half from 24 FPS to 48 FPS in SOTR-benchmark, same “stream Twitch on VR” if browser display native “CSS fixed” stream resolution, no window scaling , raises FPS by half.

PS: LCD or OLED monitor must support custom resolution, otherwise please don’t buy this monitor :)

//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js

v301
    Participant

Works, excellent Thank You Ralf for VorpX.
    VorpX can handle the curved image vertically and horizontally in proportion, which is awesome! “Virtual Decktop” can’t vertically warp what looks like an upturned hourglass, poorly :(. I have 2 VorpX licenses and I’m not afraid to use them :)

Nvidia adding native custom resolution e.g. 60Hz symmetrically to glasses, ups FPS by half from 24 FPS to 48 FPS in SOTR-benchmark, same “stream Twitch on VR” if browser display native “CSS fixed” stream resolution, no window scaling , raises FPS by half.

PS: LCD or OLED monitor must support custom resolution, otherwise please don’t buy this monitor :)

https://i.imgur.com/S0N03Pa.jpg%5D

v301
    Participant

Tips:!!
    For LCD and OLED monitors that are wider than 4095px
    a physical 8K DisplayPort 1.3 or 2.0 switch must be purchased
    and edit “extensions blocks” in CRU1.5.2 system edid editor.
    There we add a 5760×2880 (any Hz) slot for Pimax Crystal and a second 4320x2160px (any Hz) slot for 4K Headsets.

This allows you to maintain 200% GPU FPS without the need for scaling.

In the settings, check “create 3 virtual monitors when starting VR” after creating the virtual monitors, change up to added native resolutions of the VR headset You have so that the game engine renders 1:1 pixels. When we turn off VR “3 virtual monitors are closing” and the system automatically returns to the native resolution of our physical monitor.

For monitors up to 4095px wide, we add custom resolutions to the Nvidia, Ati-Radeon or Intel in custom resolution drivers editor. It works.

example:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!