How to create a new profile for not yet supported game?

Homepage Forums Technical Support How to create a new profile for not yet supported game?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    zhdun
    Participant

Hello, i would like to try creating a new profile for a game (stationeers) that is not yet supported and where no user profiles exist yet in the cloud. Is there a guide or any documentation on this topic?

Ogrescar
    Participant
    zhdun
    Participant

awesome, thank you.
    Stationeers is using unity as far i know.

zhdun
    Participant

hm, i was able to apply Base Unity 5 profile. Works pretty well out of the box. Z3D looks realy good. G3D too, also almost without performance loss. However in G3D shadows seem to be off a little. Guess some shader needs to be fixed.

But i wasn’t able to activate the shader authoring page as described in the guide. I have activated both “Expert Settings” and “G3D authoring”. But pressing CTRL+END does nothing. Any help on that?

zhdun
    Participant

never mind my last comment. Restarted vorpx, now it came up. Was able to find and fix the broken shader by applying matrix invert mode to it. Now enjoying the game in full G3D, that was awesome, thank you again Ogrescar.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Ralf deserves the thanks. I just pointed you to a web page.

zhdun
    Participant

Appretiating Ralf too. I found more shadow glitches, so gonna try to fix them too before publishing the profile. Those seem to be less trivial but lets see.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Shadows are always a bit of a hassle. I usually set them as user defined shadows so that they can be switched on/off in the vorpx menu (display or image tab, can’t recall which).

zhdun
    Participant

i can of course just switch off shadows in the games options, and the glitches go away, but i want to try to preserve them. For stationeers shadows is not just eye candy. Shadows cast on solar panel in example affect its output, so you better don’t place solar panels in shady places.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!