How To Disable/Turn Off VorpX in Windows 11?

Homepage Forums Technical Support How To Disable/Turn Off VorpX in Windows 11?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    CrazyDolphin
    Participant

When using VorpX on a Win 10 machine, I just had to click on the Hidden Icons in the Task bar, right click on the VorpX icon, and select ‘disable’. I now have a new computer with Win 11 and after updating to the latest VorpX version, I started VorpX and configured a few options. When trying to shut down VorpX, the VorpX icon no longer appears in the Hidden Icons. The only way I’ve been able to disable VorpX is by going into Task Manager and seeing if there were any VorpX program(s) running; I found a Background Application labeled something like ‘VorpX Driver’.

While I can disable that feature, it keeps popping up in Task Manager each time I turn on the machine. So has does one go about disabling VorpX after I’m done with it?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That doesn’t sound right. The tray icon is supposed to be displayed on Win 11 just as always. My main dev machine is a Win 11 machine since quite a while and I also have never heard of this issue before, so there is definitely something weird going on here.

Sounds as if the 32bit part of vorpX (which displays the tray icon) exits or gets shut down for whatever reason. If you happen to use another antivirus than Windows Defender, get rid of it.

BTW: you can pin tray icons you want to be visible all the time via drag and drop to the taskbar area on the right side of the up arrow (and back).

CrazyDolphin
    Participant

Ralf,

Thank you for the response. I’ve gotten the VorpX icon back in my ‘Hidden Icons’ tray and can do all of the regular things with it. What seems to have solved it was restarting the computer after the update (after shutting it off last night and restarting it this morning), so all looks good right now.

I’ve been on the Flatscreen to VR Mod Discord Channel, and saw a posting that the Titanfall 2 profile has been updated and looks great, so I’m going to give that a shot.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you happen to have the beta installed, make sure to check the gestures. Gestures are the biggest change that have been added to the profile recently.

Straight forward shooters like this feel surprisingly close to native VR games with just a few motion controller gestures. There’s just no way to go back to mouse keyboard or gamepad afterwards, even when playing seated. :)

CrazyDolphin
    Participant

Ralf,

Is there a ‘Gestures for Idiots’ post I can refer to? It sounds most interesting, especially since it seems to imply the use of motion controllers. I looked under the General Discussions sub-fourm for the VorpX 23.5.1 release/update and could not seem to find a reference to this ‘gesture’.

Also, I believe I only updated to the non-beta version. If I did want to go to beta, is there a standard way to do that?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need the beta. There is a brief introduction video in the beta post, including an explanation how to bind gestures to actions yourself. Incidentally using Titanfall 2 as a showcase.

vorpX 23.1.0 BETA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!