How to rebind edge peek button

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion How to rebind edge peek button

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Oy of Mid-World
    Participant

Hello there,

as a new user, I’m very impressed with the feaures of the software so far. However I have not been able to figure out how to rebind the edge peek button. I found a post, roughly a year old, stating that it would be in one of the next updates. Am I missing something?

Having to rebind the middle mouse button in my gaming profiles is really annoying, especially as I use the edge peek not very often, and would really like to rebind it to a less important key.

Any insight, anyone?

BentoFox
    Participant

I found a post, roughly a year old, stating that it would be in one of the next updates.

Well, Updates on this thing are painfully slow and with little documentation; so it might be that it IS being added in “one of the next updates”.

Unfortunately I don’t have proper advice for you on how to rebind it within VorpX, although there ARE rebinding options when you press DEL and go to the section with the Hotkeys.

I haven’t touched VorpX since I’m waiting for an update (atm this thing doesn’t work for the stuff I really wanted to use it for (arma 3)), but I believe there was an option to rebind certain keys internally.

Be careful though (and experiment after applying settings), as the bindings, as many other things, are bugged. In this particular case, certain Keys in the binding are SWAPPED, so you’re in for a surprise :p

Oy of Mid-World
    Participant

Thnaks for the reply. I found out that swapping buttons via the freeware Autohotkey is very easy. So far it has been working in all games I tried. Due to the nature of Autohotkey however, this is not guaranteed. So it would be wise to add the functionality to VorpX quickly.

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

yes,I love using middle mouse button in all my games, its practically the xbox controller equivalent of the ‘A’ button for me, so loosing that button while using vorpx is kind of annoying.

It’s great software, but this issue along with not being able to zoom out enough for cutscenes are the only things that i consider to be problems.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!