HTC Vive Pro 2 with VorpX ?

Homepage Forums Technical Support HTC Vive Pro 2 with VorpX ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

I am writing this here under support because the question may be of public interest.

The Vive Pro 2 (as i read from the internet) will only work if on top of SteamVR additional HTC software has been installed which e.g contols “resolution” whatever that means.

Will this interfere with VorpX , in other words will VorpX work 100% with the Vive Pro 2 ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t really say anything overly useful in that respect except that so far I’m not aware of any issues. That doesn’t really mean anything though, of course…

In general I’d be as sceptical as you are though. In a certain way there always is some additional software between SteamVR and the headset since headset vendors have to provide drivers/runtimes for SteamVR, so maybe HTC just lets users configure their driver. If on the other hands like Pimax their software adds another frame interpolation layer that wouldn’t really be ideal. I have no clue though what’s the case here.

I’d check whether the headset supports OpenXR natively (i.e. not via SteamVR). If that’s the case, you could use it entirely without SteamVR.

bjr84
    Participant

Hey – reViveing this.

I just picked up a Vive Pro 2 and im experiencing quite a few issues. Not hooking, wonkie resolutions… I’m thinking its not the most compatible with Vorpx. (hopefully thought, just ‘at this stage’).

PLEASE support Vive Pro 2! It cost me an arm and a leg. Not sure why i didnt anticipate anything other than it working fine….. this is PC after all…

ben

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hooking:

Hooking issues certainly aren’t related to the headset.

If you haven’t done so already, please first try to install a hook helper from the ‘Attaching To…’ dialog. That can often resolve hooking problems without getting to the bottom of the matter.

If that doesn’t help, please check for potential conflicts with other programs on your PC. Hooking issues almost always are caused by conflicts with programs that also hook into games. The trouble shooting guide on top of this sub forum has more details on the matter.

Resolution:

For a crisper image you have to run games at higher resolutions. Games run at the resolution set in their graphics/video options, not at your headset resolution. Check the custom resolution section in the vorpX help for a step-by-step guide regarding adding resolutions to your PC that are higher than your monitor allows.

RJK_
    Participant

Something that i can imagine of is that HTC Software interferes by starting up itself whenever you start a game in VR.(very unlikely but worth a try) In order to verfiy that, take a screenshot of your taskmanager before and after you start the game (with vorpx) and then compare both screenshots.If you find a program running on the second one,but not on the first, exclude it from vorpx and see if it helps. Or, if possible disable the HTC software completely

brown66
    Participant

Has anyone already got the Vive Pro 2 running with VorpX without problems?

My Vive Pro 1 has almost 4 years and thousands of working hours in Skyrim LE, with VorpX, and it won’t last forever, so I’m looking for a replacement and the Vive Pro 2 was one of the possibilities (the other one been the Pimax 8KX).

brown66
    Participant

Has anyone already got the Vive Pro 2 running with VorpX without problems?

My Vive Pro 1 has almost 4 years and thousands of working hours in Skyrim LE, with VorpX, and it won’t last forever, so I’m looking for a replacement and the Vive Pro 2 was one of the possibilities (the other one been the Pimax 8KX).

Forget the previous answer. It works, as it can be seen on at the end of this topic: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/htc-vive-pro-2-vorpx-not-working-properly/page/2/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!