I bought it, now the wait starts again ;-p

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion I bought it, now the wait starts again ;-p

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    hal9001
    Participant

26 hours and counting :(

Dudesre89
    Participant

25 hours and counting here. I don’t get this by the 48th hour and i’ll have a refund time. Customer support doesn’t even answer I sent 2 emails and nothing.

mutebobby
    Participant

Sorry guys. Ralf’s now at 36 hours straight processing activations – you’ll get them.

hal9001
    Participant

I’m at 46 hours……..

hal9001
    Participant

Over 60 hours and no response, please give me a refund for this useless software I purchased.

Ralf
    Keymaster

HAL, please send a mail with your request code to support |at| vorpx com , maybe your original mail with the request code got lost. You should have received your key at about a day ago.

dparker
    Participant

Hi,

Firstly, I commend you guys for creating this, I’m sure it will well worth the money.

But your activation process is terrible. You should clearly state that you have to send an email and wait for a response during the purchase process. It’s very misleading and I’m sure will result in a lot of people wanting their money back. Sad to see when a great product falls down because of unnecessary obstacles.

BadServo
    Participant

So I sent in my “request code” to register |at| vorpx com on October 1st at approximately 12:11pm. So far I haven’t received a reply or activation code. I waited the 48 hours as advised.

I then sent a request, with the same info, to support |at| vorpx com on October 3rd at about 4:50pm. I haven’t received a reply to this request either. Since I’ve read both in this forum and on the oculus sub-reddit that the activation slow-downs and problems are now mostly dealt with, I’m curious if my emails are getting through or if they are somehow getting blocked.

If Ralf is still dealing with the deluge and I’m simply being impatient, then please excuse this message and accept my apologies. But considering it’s I’m coming up on the 5th day since my purchase, I wanted to be sure the problem isn’t on my end someone.

Cheers

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi BadServo,

provided you are the same persion who has an e-mail address at badservo.com and whose initials are WRT, your key was sent to you two times already, on Oct/3 and Oct/4. Please check your spam folder. The Subject of the mails read “Re: Registration Details” and “Re: Registration Code Not Received After 50+ Hours”. We did not receive a bounce message or similar, so apperently both messages were delivered.

I’ve sent the message a third time (Subject: “Re: Registration Details (3rd Try)”). If it still doesn’t reach you, we will have to find another way to get you your key, Maybe you provide me with an alternative e-mail address. Please let me know, whether you found the message.

Thanks,
    Ralf

BadServo
    Participant

Yes, sir. I am the same person. I just woke, up and it looks like the code did arrive this time approximately 8 hours ago. It went directly to my inbox. I’ve been keeping an eye on the spam folder and haven’t seen anything. Badservo.com is a google-apps domain, so my hosting platform is GMail. Very strange that the two previous attempts were lost in the ether without so much as a bounceback.

I’m a Systems Administrator by trade, so I certainly understand that under heavy load (as you’ve no doubt been experiencing) a mail transfer agent can do some wonky stuff occasionally.

Regardless of the underlying issue, thanks for your dedication in getting the keys out to me and others. I was hesitant to ask in the forums. I didn’t want to be “that guy” complaining, but in retrospect, I suppose it’s a good thing I mentioned it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Absolutely. Good to hear that this is sorted out.

mike_ekim1024
    Participant

WTF? 48 hours.. this is a digital download. Time to fire up the BBB site again.. that’s ridiculous.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

That’s just a safety margin. You should have received your key by now.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!