I need some help getting started with vorpx

Homepage Forums Technical Support I need some help getting started with vorpx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

I’m trying to run Fallout NV with vorpx, but I can’t get the game to display on my oculus rift… Every time I activate my headset, it pulls up the annoying little “oculus home” menu and nothing else. Is SteamVR required? Is it an issue with my desktop display settings? I already enabled 3rd party software in the oculus app.

Also, when using “configure Vorpx”, when trying to select my device in the general settings, my only 2 options are “steam VR” and “generic headset”, with no mention of the Rift. Every video I’ve searched on this always allows the option for Oculus Rift. Was this changed in a recent update or something?

Any help here would be appreciated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds like a corrupt installation, there should be an Oculus option in the headset selection box. Pleae try to reinstall vorpX.

STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

Ok, I’ll try reinstalling it then. I actually got it working for fallout new vegas buy simply locking oculus home through administrator settings, but the resolution quality was TERRIBLE! I tried a countless number of different methods from custom resolutions to GPU settings tweaks and nothing worked- the resolution never really improved itself by much and I was stuck with a nauseatingly fuzzy image.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can select a resolution ranging from 1080p (slight undersampling) to 1680p (slight supersampling) on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu.

STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

Thanks, I tried that but it still looks awful… Everything looks pixelated and fuzzy. I’m still waiting on the email for the reinstall, but are there any other solutions you can think of for this? I can’t imagine this is how it’s actually supposed to run…

Ralf
    Keymaster

You don’t need a new key for reinstalling vorpX, your original key will work just fine. A new key is only required if you change hardware or reinstall Windows.

If even 1680p (which is already better than your headset’s native res) is not enough for you for some reason, you can disable the auto resolution feature on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu and set an even higher resolution in the game’s ini file yourself, provided your PC can display it. Make sure to set a 4:3 res in that case, not widescreen, to avoid unnecessary rendering overhead.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!