Image seems oversample, cross-eyed

Homepage Forums Technical Support Image seems oversample, cross-eyed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    castane
    Participant

I first noticed this in JanusVR, but it seems like the resolution is really high and oversampled, plus the image makes me go cross-eyed. I can tell because taking off the headset, my eyes adjust, then putting it back on, they adjust again (as if I’m looking at something very up close).

I’m seeing this now in 0.9 virtual desktop mode.

Any ideas? (the Oculus demo scene works perfectly)

(0.8 SDK and runtime, Win 10 64bit, GTA 970)

castane
    Participant
    Olemio
    Participant

You mean something like this?
    http://puu.sh/kV4Cv/4e1d7d84fe.jpg

castane
    Participant

Maybe, it seems like the image is just too far separated. I can’t seem to reproduce the image you linked. Just tried a new Oculus profile. Nope. Also tried to disable “personalized rendering for this eye position”, nope.

castane
    Participant

I figured it out! The change to “DK2LensSeparationOverride” in NetServer.cfg causes the IPD distance to get waaay out of wack in JanusVR and Vorpx. When I changed it back to zero (left my IPD an personalized rendering the same), restarted OVRService, Vorpx looked perfect. Must be a bug?

castane
    Participant

Nevermind, it’s still cross-eyed but it made it a lot better. (removing the NetServer change for VR Gear IPD adjusters).

Stereoman
    Participant

Think I’m having a similar issue with a DK1 setup and 0.9, only tried Dirt 3 and vorpX Desktop Viewer so far but it’s like the left screen is displaying what the right should, tried a bunch of things, I upgraded to oculus SDK 0.8 as they said everything that works with 0.7 will work with 0.8 but I just reverted to oculus SDK 0.7 just to make sure it wasn’t the issue, I tried recalibrating my IPD profile, even deleted the profile entirely and created a new one, I’ve tried selecting Do not use an oculus profile in VorpX and manually inputting my IPD, I’ve tried altering settings in game not sure whats up with it, it’s hooking in properly and oculus is functioning perfectly with everything else, just vorpx not working right.

daantje64
    Participant

I’ve got exactly the same problem. I installed everything following the documentation, got the latest drivers and when I launched skyrim with Vorpx, the screen was overlapping and the images seemed crossed. I hope there is a way to fix this?

cecilbgnome
    Participant

I am getting the exact same issues a above.

DK1, .9 with AMD 5.10 beta drivers.

All apps and occulus config files work correctly with no issue – but anything VorpX (once it hooks) gives me eye swap from the looks of it.

Exactly like this: http://puu.sh/kV4Cv/4e1d7d84fe.jpg

daantje64
    Participant

Speaking of this problem, could anyone also tell me how to get a screenshot of it? When I play games with the oculus rift now, the screen of my monitor remains black.

cecilbgnome
    Participant

hit Del and middle mouse button – hold one eye closed.

you should be able to use the keyboard now to navigate through the menus to be able to output to your screen as well.

bit of a pain (the image swap) and it seems to do it on everything atm with Vorpx (leaving it unusable for me).

daantje64
    Participant

On my monitor I just get the game screen, not split or anything, although when looking into the lenses I can clearly see the images are swapped. Perhaps they will fix this soon, because I imagine many other people may have this problem as well.

cecilbgnome
    Participant

Ah yeah, sorry – I just now twigged what you meant.

Likewise – After upgrading to win10 and now VorpX .9 – not having much luck with my VR experience (except for the few games suporting .7/.8 runtime)

Hopefully an update rolls through soon.

I have had no luck getting the earlier runtimes working on win10 as they lock my PC into a boot loop.

Olemio
    Participant

I forgot to say, I also use a DK1.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Could anyone with a DK1 try different runtime versions? This will be looked into here shortly, but it would be great to get some test results before that.

Would be great if some of you guys with a DK1 could check 0.6/0.7/0.8 and report back here.

Also please keep in mind that while it still works, the Oculus runtime does not really support the DK1 from 0.7 onwards officially IIRC.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!