Immersive mode head movement mouse not gamepad

Homepage Forums Technical Support Immersive mode head movement mouse not gamepad

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    borisv13
    Participant

So I really enjoy the big-curved screen of Immersive screen. I prefer it to full VR.

The default profile for most games has it for head movement affects something like 0.10 ratio of camera movement in game. This is neat to add to the gamepad camera movement.
    However, because the game detects the head movement as mouse movement, the in-game sprites for “click A to jump” becomes “click Enter to jump”, setting it to mouse/keyboard mode.
    In addition, menus are controlled by my head, not the gamepad, because of the mouse registered movements.

Any solutions to this?

I have tried several Far Cry games and GTA 5 – all the same experience.

Thank you!

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s the way it works, sorry. If both a gamepad and the mouse (simulated by head tracking) are used the game decides for which of the two it wants to display the hints. In many games it switches seemingly randomly between both.

In games with DirectVR head tracking (e.g. The FarCry games) you can run the Direct VR scanner, afterwards vorpX won’t simulate the mouse anymore for head tracking.

Phantomroro
    Participant

i turn down the headtracking sensitivity to 0
    and just use the joystick

borisv13
    Participant

What does “Head tracking as Gamepad” option do then? I assumed that would fix this issue, but it doesn’t seem to be what I think it is.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That option should be used only as a last resort for games that neither have DirectVR head tracking nor mouse based head tracking, true e.g. for many racing games. Games filter gamepad input heavily, so it’s usually quite laggy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!