Immersive Screen Size Limits in terms of system/programming?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Immersive Screen Size Limits in terms of system/programming?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ToxicMike
    Participant

While i am perfectly satisfied with “Improved immersive screen size/distance default and range” within the last Update, i am asking myself if it “theoretically” would be possible to get another option of making screen size even bigger (with another future update) and if there are technical limits, programming-wise talking, because of certain possible problems occuring, like when screen size is made “too big” then probably some suttering could occur on certain rigs etc.

This ain´t a request at all because the option of increasing immersive screen size is already big enough and even too big for certain games, so i am not even using the biggest possible size for all games actually, just wondering if immersive screen size could be improved even more because there are a few games where i am asking myself what an experience it would be if i´d play them on an even bigger immersive screen.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Somehow I get the feeleing no matter what the actual limits are for any setting are, there is always someone who wants more just because apparently more is always better. :)

Since the last update the size/distance now ranges from about 50cm high 50cm away to about 5m high 15m away. I think for all intents and purposes that’s a large enough range. Funny enough I just recently had en e-mail exchange where another user considered the range too large now…

ToxicMike
    Participant

Somehow I get the feeleing no matter what the actual limits are for any setting are, there is always someone who wants more just because apparently more is always better. :)

With English not being my first language and me being too fast at times along with not always using the best words coming to mind, i probably made myself unclear before.

Is that screen-size improvement with the last update also the final limit now or are there probably being more limits we could reach?

I reckon every improvement in terms of screen size could also cause more stuttering problems etc., this again probably being the actual reason for not having one general/overall screen size limit from start along with risking users turning up the screen scale “too big” and ending up storming the troubleshooting-section here.

On the other hand vorpX´s ingame-configuration options really don´t leave anything to be desired, so i was asking myself why there couldn´t be one absolute maximum screen-scale option, giving it that warning-message when a certain point is exceeded, just like other configuration-sliders have it as well, then you could have one overall screen size limit and no need to improve limits with updates as well as no users asking for such improvements.

Please keep in mind i am just asking how this would probably be workin, so if the current screen scale limit is the final one, then it is totally fine with me.

Regarding the current screen scale limit of being “large enough”: At the end it is in the viewer´s eye and all about adapting/getting used to things, especially the experience in terms of playing games or watching movies, that is why people buying bigger and bigger monitors/tv sets every year, not to forget that thankfuly this is also why VR-Sickness goes away pretty fast (despite some people still thinking it would stay forever)…

….so since i just found out i am actually not the only one with a theatre-screen-fetish rather than being too much into fullVR-experiences…

I find standard games (2D or 3D) on an impossibly huge theatre screen more enticing than VR itself. This is actually the main reason I ordered a Reverb G2.

Please consider adding more display options for us theatre aficionados. As the quality of HMD’s improves our numbers will only increase.

(quoted from an older thread from BEFORE last update with the improvements)

…there are probably even more users thinking about the same thing now or in the future.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!