Is a Rage 2 profile possible??

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Is a Rage 2 profile possible??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    slydk1982
    Participant

Im trying to get Rage 2 to work with vorpx, but it won´t hook at all.
    I was really hoping that this could work :(

Ralf or RJK_, please do some magic ;)

haints
    Participant

As far as I know Rage 2 runs on an OpenGL engine which doesn’t play well with vorpx.

slydk1982
    Participant

Well, thats not true. It runs on the Apex engine, same engine as Mad Max and just Cause. Both games runs with vorpx.

I have tried those two profiles and some others. Even just to see if it will run in 2D. Vorpx wants to hook and tries in about 5 sec. Then it just stop.
    Is that some kind of DRM bs??

Ralf
    Keymaster

Bought it yesterday without checking first. Unfortunately you are both right in a way. Apparently they ported the engine to the Vulkan API (OpenGL successor) with no DX11 renderpath being available.

slydk1982
    Participant

Hmm.. I don´t like the sound of that.. Does that mean we can not make it run with vorpx?? Not even in 2D??

Ralf
    Keymaster

You could start the desktop viewer, disable the vorpX watcher, and run the game windowed (borderless).

I will look into *very* *basic* *2D only* Vulkan hooking sometime this year, but don’t get your hopes up for Vulkan with 3D anytime soon.

slydk1982
    Participant

Okay, I could try that :)

Ralf, if you could make it run in 2D it will be more than enough for me :)
    You would be a star ;)
    Like the profile for the first Rage was very good for me.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Darn, I was afraid the rumors were true about no dx11.

And here I thought we’d catch a break when Rage 2 moved to Avalanche’s engine. Sorry matteo.

Well, chalk this one to the list then. With the Rages and the Wolfensteins and the Dooms stacking up, an updated 3D OpenGL would start looking pretty good on vorpX’s belt 😁 … One day.

Time to play Metro Exodus again I guess. Looking forward to the profile.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Vulkan is definitely something I will look into with future games in mind. DX12/Vulkan hand a lot of control to developers though, making things potentially harder for vorpX, so what will be possible for these APIs in terms of 3D remains to be seen.

steph12
    Participant

You could start the desktop viewer, disable the vorpX watcher, and run the game windowed (borderless).

I will look into *very* *basic* *2D only* Vulkan hooking sometime this year, but don’t get your hopes up for Vulkan with 3D anytime soon.

some vulkan support is otw then ? even if it’s a long term coming feature ? that is amazing news if so.

TheBalt
    Participant

I did find a profile for Doom 2016 that appears to work pretty well, I didnt spend a ton of time with it cause i kinda went on a ‘what games can i get running in vorpx’ rampage and managed to get doom 2016 up and running.. i thought it looked really good, but you can be the judge if you like how it runs or not. I dont remember whose profile i got it from unfortunately, was just running through too many games to give proper credit, but, I will go ahead and upload the one I have into the Vorpx Config and you can try the profile i have.

I uploaded the profile as Doom 2016 – the author will be TheBaltar, go ahead and see if that works for your system.

good luck!

steph12
    Participant

I did find a profile for Doom 2016 that appears to work pretty well, I didnt spend a ton of time with it cause i kinda went on a ‘what games can i get running in vorpx’ rampage and managed to get doom 2016 up and running.. i thought it looked really good, but you can be the judge if you like how it runs or not. I dont remember whose profile i got it from unfortunately, was just running through too many games to give proper credit, but, I will go ahead and upload the one I have into the Vorpx Config and you can try the profile i have.

I uploaded the profile as Doom 2016 – the author will be TheBaltar, go ahead and see if that works for your system.

good luck!

thanks a lot man !! i will try it tomorrow :D

TheBalt
    Participant

Oh yeah – when youre in Doom immediately press Delete and switch the visual settings, only one of them works, the others are just utterly bugged out, youll scroll thru em and see which one gives a real picture. But like cinema mode and stuff are just total messes, one of em made the game run right tho, so just scroll thru them

dellrifter22
    Participant

@steph12: I’d be curious to hear your findings with DOOM 2016. It’s probably been 2 years since I tested with the demo. While the demo hooked, I could not get correct 3D, causing much eyestrain.

TheBalt
    Participant

It has Geometry 3d in the profile, the issue im trying to figure out is a ‘blurriness’ of anything more than like 15 feet away… im sure there some settings in Nvidia or in the game or vorpx to help clean that up, but otherwise, it works, its real 3d

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!