Is a Rage 2 profile possible??

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Is a Rage 2 profile possible??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    slydk1982
    Participant

@Ralf When could I be so lucky that there could be a 2D basic profile??

Ralf
    Keymaster

Once the most basic form of Vulkan support has been added to vorpX, currently vorpX does not handle the Vulkan API at all. I have no date for that yet.

TheBalt
    Participant

Okay so i spent some more time with it today and yeah, doom 2016 totally works. Get into the game, set it to 3d geometry, set your resolution to a 4:3 ratio (i think it was 4:3 the game tells you even when you boot it up that its the best ratio for it), pick a resolution your system can handle in that ratio

I used OculusTrayTool to put SuperSampling to 1.2, you could probably go higher, im just running on an old graphics card, overclocked 780, but got a good processor, i7 4930k.. anyhow, game is running and looking good at 80+ fps in the rift for me. You might have to turn off -alot- of their settings or set them to low but the game still looks gorgeous either way.

But disabled the games Anti Aliasing and increased Sharpening to handle those ‘blurry’ images that were like 15-20 feet away and its smooth now and looks good… im not gonna pretend youll have the exact same experience with it as me, but, the game is playable and it is actual 3d… hope you can get it running, good luck!

I did mess around in Nvidia control panel a little bit also and set it to high performance, anti aliasing mode – Application controlled, but Anti aliasing transparency to 2x supersample, power management maximum performance, Texture filtering LOD to Clamp, Texture filtering quality to high performance; Trilinear optimization to On, Threaded optimization to On, Vsync Off, VR Prerendered frames to 2

hope it works for you!

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m surprised it can be even displayed. Looks as if Vulkan uses still the same way to display images as OpenGL did. Good to know.

3D however is almost certainly an illusion (for the lack of a better word). The profile you are using probably uses an outdated method to display OpenGL games by showing one frame for the left eye, the next frame for the right eye and so on. A side effect of this method is that in motion it can create the illusion of 3D since the images for both eyes are slightly different due to their one frame time offset.

I think only one or two official profiles still use this alternate frame rendering method (creating actual 3D for their games on top of the illusion though). Surprised someone dug that up for a Doom profile.

Good that I didn’t kill the method entirely when it was superseeded by a better OpenGL implementation, I guess. At least you can still get some kind of pseudo 3D with it.

steph12
    Participant

Okay so i spent some more time with it today and yeah, doom 2016 totally works. Get into the game, set it to 3d geometry, set your resolution to a 4:3 ratio (i think it was 4:3 the game tells you even when you boot it up that its the best ratio for it), pick a resolution your system can handle in that ratio

I used OculusTrayTool to put SuperSampling to 1.2, you could probably go higher, im just running on an old graphics card, overclocked 780, but got a good processor, i7 4930k.. anyhow, game is running and looking good at 80+ fps in the rift for me. You might have to turn off -alot- of their settings or set them to low but the game still looks gorgeous either way.

But disabled the games Anti Aliasing and increased Sharpening to handle those ‘blurry’ images that were like 15-20 feet away and its smooth now and looks good… im not gonna pretend youll have the exact same experience with it as me, but, the game is playable and it is actual 3d… hope you can get it running, good luck!

I did mess around in Nvidia control panel a little bit also and set it to high performance, anti aliasing mode – Application controlled, but Anti aliasing transparency to 2x supersample, power management maximum performance, Texture filtering LOD to Clamp, Texture filtering quality to high performance; Trilinear optimization to On, Threaded optimization to On, Vsync Off, VR Prerendered frames to 2

hope it works for you!

did you upload your profile ?

slydk1982
    Participant

@TheBalt I tried your profile and it seems to work a lot better than most “3D” profiles for Doom 2016.
    Most gives me some kind of a pain in my eyes, but your not that much.
    But there is still something that feels a bit weird for my eyes, but not when im running around and killing demons.
    Mostly when I go around and watch things and use a lot of headtracking, then it get a bit weird. But if I use headtracking a bit less it not so bad.

Its surely the best G3D profile for Doom 2016.

slydk1982
    Participant

Just a small info for your Doom 2016 profile. You have to play it in window mode if you want to play around in snapmap :)

TheBalt
    Participant

Yeah, it should be viewable to you if you search for my name, TheBalt , or look for “Doom 2016 2”, without the quotes.

I did some modifying to what i had put up yesterday but im not really sure how vorpx handles those things, whether it will load it into your profile when you download it or not, but, its all i got :( sorry, hope it works for you

TheBalt
    Participant

Hey Sly, thanks for taking the time to respond.

I definitely felt a bit of what youre talking about, im not entirely sure if theres anything we can do to fix that part of it cause the game runs so fast… that being said, I did upload another profile, but to be honest – i dont really understand this stuff and whether my new profile will give you my new settings, but, if you wanted to try it out, its called “Doom 2016 2”, without the quotes. Or just look up my name, TheBalt

Honestly… this is gonna sound sad, lol, but when i first started in VR with DK2 i used to take motion sickness pills before jumping in and it helped get me pretty good “VR Legs”… Im not trying to tell you to go get medication, lol, but if you wanted to try that, it might help with the absurd speed of Doom 2016

Good luck, i hope you figure a way around your issue. Keep the old profile tho, im not sure if the new one is really ‘better’ in any way, so dont overwrite the other one just in case

Thanks for the chat and take care of yoself!

angelayla
    Participant

Hi! I´m very interested in Rage 2, could we play Rage 2 with your profile for Doom 2016? Thaks for your work!

rtoast
    Participant

Lmk how that works i haven’t bought Rage 2 yet i’ll prob wait to see how the Vorpx support goes in the coming months cause Rage 2 seems like an excellent candidate for VR of it could work

steph12
    Participant

tried your profile, but it does not hook at all for me (htc vive).

slydk1982
    Participant

@angelayla No Rage 2 does not work yet. But if you play it in borderless and use your desktopviewer, you can play it that way :)

@TheBalt
    Its an okay profile you made :) I have not tried your new one yet, but when I have the time I will give it a go. When I played a little longer, I kinda got used to it. So its not bad at all. I like there is some depth to the picture.

kpmckeon985
    Participant

hey I’m new to Vorpx and Vr in general, just bought the rift s as my first vr headset. Can anyone walk me through how to set up/ download a profile that works pretty well for Rage 2?

slydk1982
    Participant

@kpmckeon985 Yes I can do that, when the game is supported.. The vulkan render does not work with vorpx atm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!