Is there a way to bind edgepeek to a xbox button?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Is there a way to bind edgepeek to a xbox button?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

EdgePeek per default is bound to the right thumbstick button, which can be changed to the menu button in the vorpX ingame menu (Input page). If your wheel has buttons that act as one of these, it should work right away.

If the above doesn’t work for some reason with your wheel, another option might be vorpX’s gamepad to mouse/kb mapper: set the ‘X-Box Gamepad Override’ to ‘Partial’, then activate just the buttons to keep the axes working natively and map your preferred button to the keyboard shortcut for EdgePeek. This trick might not work with all games though.

Senan
    Participant

Is there any reason you couldn’t bind edgepeek and menu to a button combination (like L1 + R1)? It wouldn’t interfere with the in-game actions so much then. As it stands, I’ve almost died several times trying to run in Fallout 76 because I keep accidentally bringing up the menu button. If I change it to start/back, I’m actually unable to open the map because the game itself has a long press action for one of those buttons that interferes with it.

If a button combination option isn’t viable, could we at least have the option to re-map these binds on the gamepad (to whatever button we want), just as we do for the keyboard? Seems like that would be the best solution as it wouldn’t interfere with the default option but would allow us to change it to make it work seamlessly with whatever game we’re playing. Edgepeek is essential for most fullVR games as it’s nearly impossible to navigate menus without (for me anyway) and it’s a pain to have to constantly search for my mouse or keyboard with my VR headset on. This simple addition would make using a gamepad much more enjoyable.

Anyway, just a thought.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The main reason for not having two button actions for menu/edgepeek per default was/is that they are too hard to discover. Shouldn’t be a big deal to add them optionally though. No promises, but I’ll take a look at that.

Senan
    Participant

The main reason for not having two button actions for menu/edgepeek per default was/is that they are too hard to discover. Shouldn’t be a big deal to add them optionally though. No promises, but I’ll take a look at that.

That would be fantastic! Apart from that one issue, I’ve been loving Vorpx (best $40 I’ve spent in a long time.) Amazed at how well it works with most of what I’ve tried–even a few unsupported games like Everquest and Fallen Earth. The latter has a custom engine unfortunately so there aren’t any compatible profiles to my knowledge and thus the 3D effect doesn’t work (no Z3D in the options), but in first person with the head tracking it still feels much more immersive. So glad I learned about this program. Already have a friend on board as well, possibly 2.

Thanks for the work you do!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!