Issues with VR in Skyrim and other games.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Issues with VR in Skyrim and other games.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Grocs
    Participant

Head tracking is working in Full VR now, I just find it hard to see any menus, despite playing around with the HUD stuff in the vorpx menu.

In Skyrim my hands look enormous too, so I’ll just keep fiddling I think. Yes, running a good channel 5Ghz and not having any streaming issues that way.

If I zoom out too much as mentioned before, I’ll obviously see the window the VR is running in.

Anyway good to chat, but I better get some sleep :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Leave the zoom at 1.0, use EdgePeek for menus: middle mouse button or left gamepad stick button (or right, can’t remember currently). EdgePeek temporarily switches to a cinema like view, perfect for menus and cutscenes. Also in the help, ‘Quickstart Guide’ this time :).

You shouldn’t have to tweak much in most officially supported games. A lot of potential grief with vorpX stems from the wrong assumption that the many options available to tweak mean one has to actually do that, which most of the time is not the case. The defaults are usually pretty good. Especially as a beginner you can fairly easily break something by tweaking too much. So be careful.

Hands: try a higher player/weapon FOV on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu. That’s a bit of a general issue though with many games. Hands/weapons are often rendered with different camera settings than the world to look good on the monitor. Can’t be fully avoided in many cases.

While I’m at it: if you want to customize hotkeys (including the EdgePeek key), you can do that in the config app.

Grocs
    Participant

Ah that is what Edgepeak is for – got it. I’ll also try the higher player / weapon FOV as well, cheers.

Great I’ll set up some hotkeys and go from there. Really appreciate the constant advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!