Just bought VorpX—need help please

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Just bought VorpX—need help please

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    deathadda88
    Participant

Press Ctrl T to disable 3D man :)

Yes I agree with you though. Nvidia had propriety and forced you to buy the right product they endorsed. This time though, they are actually working with Oculus! Also, the DK2 can not have ghosting as it is two separate screens.

I have a gtx670. I looked up the 970 prices and they are great. $400….I am planning on selling my 670, put some more money on top and instead of paying $50 here and there for inferior third party injectors, just save money for a bit and buy the damn thing. When CV1 hits, we are going to need an upgrade anyway, then we can buy another 970 for SLI.

Did you see the SLI VR support? Each GPU in SLI outputs its entire power for one screen. So one 970 for your left screen and another 970 for you right screen when CV1 hits!!!

We won’t be running things properly with a 670 or 680 when CV1 hits, so may as well start now since support is basically weeks away!!!

de2truction
    Participant

Not sure if you fixed it now, but I had the same problem.
    I figured out that the game has to be set at around 120 fov and that if your pc has multiple users, make sure you’re playing on the admins account.

jcreation
    Participant

For me, I found out the following things to provide a solution for this problem with Metro 2033:

The game has a max FOV setting of 90 – this is just about sufficient for a playable experience.
    Any setting outside of the maximum range will cause it to default at 50.675
    To change this setting you must edit “C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro 2033\<possible-generated-hex-number>\user.cfg” (Other installations may vary in location)
    Modify so that “r_base_fov” has value 90.
    Start game and enjoy (hopefully).

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not 100% sure currently, but I think you can do this automatically for Metro 2033 with the Game Optimizer in the vorpX config app.

jcreation
    Participant

Yes I can confirm that the config utility does edit the config.
    Oddly, it suggests that a value of 120 is best. When applying this, it changes the value to 89.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The value in the Metro ini is the vertical FOV. For simplicity the Game Optimizer shows the horizontal FOV (recommended 120) in all cases and converts it if required. It’s working exactly like it should.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!