Lost in newb hell

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Lost in newb hell

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    VonMises
    Participant

When I run vorpX with games on the “supported” list, they are only showing up in the virtual cinema mode. How do you get “inside” the game?

And when I run videos in VLC, they’re only showing up in the left corner of the virtual screen. How do you scale them to take up the entire movie screen?

Thanks.

Creep
    Participant

Which games did you try? Some games on the supported list will use cinema mode as default.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Most third person games show in Cinema Mode per default. You can disable that in the vorpX ingame menu, but a third person game is usually played better this way than in Full VR mode.

VLC: Please apply the Game Optimizer setting for VLC in the vorpX config app. This makes sure that VLC uses the OpenGL renderer which only transmits the correctly sized video texture to vorpX.

VonMises
    Participant

I’ve tried The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and GTA V so far. Before running them I applied the recommended profile setting. Both booted into virtual cinema mode, and I couldn’t figure out how to get into full VR.

I have a great monitor, so playing in virtual cinema isn’t a win for me. What games work in full VR? Thanks again.

p.s. I applied the VLC profile, but it didn’t scale the video to full size. Will try again.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter shouldn’t show in the theater. Might be a glitch. I’ll take a look at that.

You can disable the Virtual Cinema for every! game on the main page of the vorpX ingame menu, even if it shows in theater mode first. First person games are usually best for full VR mode.

In regard to GTA V please check the thread over here. It explains why it boots up in cinema mode per default, but also has instructions in regard to playing it in full VR mode.

peteostro
    Participant

I’ve tried The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and GTA V so far. Before running them I applied the recommended profile setting. Both booted into virtual cinema mode, and I couldn’t figure out how to get into full VR.

Vanishing Ethan Carter fully supports VR on its own with a DL pack.
    There is 0 reason to play it using vorpx.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/457880/

VonMises
    Participant

That was incredibly helpful, thanks peteostro! Is there a list of games that vorpX supports in full VR?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can play every game in full VR if you want. Whether that makes sense for you is something you should decide on a game to game basis.

The defaults are usually full VR for first person games and Cinema Mode for third person games. If you don’t have a comfort issue with the unusual camera movement of third person games in full VR, you can still play those in full VR simply by disabling Virtual Cinema Mode in the vorpX ingame menu.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!