Mankind divided – Z3D broken

Homepage Forums Technical Support Mankind divided – Z3D broken

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Looks like mankind divided doesn’t work with Z3D anymore. Only G3D is working now.
    I actually like it better in Z3D, as everything looks crisper and less shadow issues.
    Any thoughts?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just checked it before the last update without problems. I’ll check it again next week. If I can reproduce the issue, I’ll probably remove the profile this time like suggested when you reported this the last time sometime last year. Far too much time spent on this game already considering it’s (non-)popularity, sorry.

dborosev
    Participant

Yeesh I feel like I’m being punished for reporting bugs.
    Forget I mentioned it then, I’d rather have something there for 3D than never be able to play it at all.
    I probably won’t report bugs anymore unless they are really really game breaking. I was just trying to be helpful, not complainy.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s not how I meant it. I think you reported Z3D issues with this game about 3 or 4 times in the past and I spent an highly disproportionate amount of time on it already to somehow get it working reliably. If not even that proves enough to fully stabilize the z-buffer extraction, there is not much of a choice unfortunately. Sorry again and thanks for your understanding.

dborosev
    Participant

That’s fine. Just leave it as is, I’m ok with that. I was just reporting in case you wanted to know.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Just tested my DE:MD and it’s working fine. I can switch between G3D and Z3D no problem, both work.

I recall there being an issue needing to play exclusive fullscreen mode to get z-buffer working though. So try that again and the other tricks you mentioned in the post from last year here.

For what it’s worth: my brief test was using exclusive fullscreen mode, with Temp AA on, using my native 2560×1440. I switched to 4k to see if that broke anything, but it still worked Z3D.

I think the profile works great and should remain. In fact I was pleasantly surprised to see geometry added recently – considering it was Z3D only even before Ralf felt it not worthwhile to spend more time on it. I’m glad though, it’s working nicely on my new card.

apollon01
    Participant

Yes, the exclusive fullscreen did the trick for me too.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can try a new profile from the cloud with yet again changed z-buffer heuristics. Works for me regardless of display mode and with two different save games. This was definitely the last time I touched this game though, sorry. If it doesn’t work for you, there is nothing I can do anymore.

This is one of the games that seemingly randomly switch depth buffer textures. Unfortunately it is not possible to track such changes 100% reliably under all circumstances.

dborosev
    Participant

Mine is working now too. There is indeed some setting combination that does not work, which probably has to do with fullscreen.
    Thanks Dellrifter.

And thanks for making this profile Ralf, the game is so much more enjoyable this way. Definitely one of my favs.

apollon01
    Participant

I actually bought the Mankind Divided because it has an official profile in vorpX library.

However, I can understand the reasons you have Ralf for not investing too much time into tuning the profile.

Nevertheless, I would recommend to keep the profile in the library and just allow users to disable it if needed. That way, someone could come with a new version of the profile should anything change with the game. Under the current state of play, the official profile blocks the exe from being used by any other (user made) profile.

E.g. the game comes with native SBS output. This could be used by some user made profile if the official one could be disabled.

Thanks for considering such an option.

Milan

steph12
    Participant

I actually bought the Mankind Divided because it has an official profile in vorpX library.

However, I can understand the reasons you have Ralf for not investing too much time into tuning the profile.

Nevertheless, I would recommend to keep the profile in the library and just allow users to disable it if needed. That way, someone could come with a new version of the profile should anything change with the game. Under the current state of play, the official profile blocks the exe from being used by any other (user made) profile.

E.g. the game comes with native SBS output. This could be used by some user made profile if the official one could be disabled.

Thanks for considering such an option.

Milan

it’s working perfectly fine for me, both Z3D/G3D, did you try to run the game in windowed mode ? dont ask me why, but since some time, some games has 3D working only when games run in windowed mode.

apollon01
    Participant

Thanks steph12. As I wrote in one of my posts above, I am all OK.

This reply was ment for Ralf :-)

Milan

jjensson
    Participant

Please, Ralf, don’t remove the profile! Mankind Divided is one of my favorite games, i think in regards to presentation it is the best one of the Deus Ex games. I’d be heartbroken if i couldn’t play it with vorpX.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!