Mass Effect Andromeda!!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Mass Effect Andromeda!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

The only answer I can give you is the same as always in similar cases: *** IF POSSIBLE *** support will be added.

The reason why I commented on ME:Andromenda in the first place was that you earlier said you understand the “if possible” part of such answers. I won’t make any such posts anymore to avoid exactly this kind of confusion, sorry.

dborosev
    Participant

Hey Ralf,
    I do understand the “if possible” part, was just hoping on some very rough ballpark timing (days, weeks, months), as we are anxiously awaiting it. As you know, waiting for something really sucks when you are completely in the dark.
    Thats fine if you don’t even want to give a guess at when. Just thought I’d ask. Sorry.
    Thanks for looking into it at some point in the future.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t say “when” before I now “if”, sorry. It was a mistake to say anything at all earlier. After three years of doing this I really should have known better by now.

dborosev
    Participant

Sounds like you’ve had some bad experiences with bitchy and naggy customers.
    I wasn’t planning to hold you to anything, or complain if it wasn’t delivered or wasn’t on time. I was a developer for 14 years so I know how it goes.
    So if its your policy to not say anything because of that, that’s cool.
    I’ll just wait and see then.

dborosev
    Participant

@cheeky,
    You must be on crack. I got the tridef trial, and there is no Andromeda support – even with the battlefield 1 profile.

prinyo
    Participant

I uninstalled MEA after the trial so I can’t test what works and what not.

Since I posted first about Tridef here I want to say that I don’t see it as a product in the same category as VorpX. One of them is specifically useful with 3D TV sets, the other one is VR specific. And while I have no intention in discussing Tridef here, there is something I wanted to say about VR theather mode vs 3D TV.

I feel I (and other users that own and use 3D TV sets) have a different idea of what we value in VoprX the most. For me it is the DirectVR and the way VorpX turns an old flat game into a VR experience. I actually started seriously replaying Skyrim and FO3/NV (TTW) in the past weeks because they feel now like completely different games. And the heavily modded Skyrim playthru I’m doing now is one of the 3 best experiences I ever had in VR.

I completely ignore the existence of the Theater mode. The resolution of the current HMDs, the SDE, the sweets spot issues, the general inconveniences coming from wearing the headset for hours, make me prefer the big 3D TV. In the next few years – until the screens, the graphic hardware, the optics in the VR headsets improve a lot, playing on a 3D TV will be a vastly superior experience to any form of VR theater mode. (I don’t know if providing a 3D SBS stream to a monitor/TV is something that was ever considered as an option for VorpX.)

As as result of all this I consider all the time spent into making a game playable in theater mode in VR to be wasted. As opposed to making a game be able to be experienced and played as a VR experience. It is slower and harder to do I guess, but it is worth it. Just my 2 cents.

dborosev
    Participant

@prinyo,
    Actually, cinema mode (as its called), is very good, especially for third person games. It can be an amazing immersive experience.
    I’ve played about 8 games using VorpX in cinema mode, and every single one has been in cinema mode, and amazing.
    Just because you don’t like/understand it, don’t go shitting on everyone else’s experiences.
    This is a thread about Andromeda, so if you don’t like cinema mode why are you even here? You like to play head tracked third person games? Thats not really VR.

prinyo
    Participant

This is a thread about Andromeda, so if you don’t like cinema mode why are you even here?

Because what I said earlier in the thread was taken out of the context later on. And because it is a thread about Andromeda and not about theater mode. I consider my post to be on topic – is it possible to do something VR-like for MEA? If yes – cool, if not …

I said several times that it is a personal opinion. I can understand people who do not own a 3D TV enjoy having one emulated in VR but for several more years that will be lesser experience. Some people will like it, some will not. That’s the point of having a personal opinion.

Skyrim, Oblivion, FO3/NV/4 are not 3rd person games (only). You can simply play 1st person and almost never have to see your character. There is a camera mod for TW3 and I’m curious if something can be done to make it a cool VR experience.

MEA looks really cool and it would be amazing if it is possible to be played in VR. There will be many “head tracked third person games” released in the future.

prinyo
    Participant

It is a thread about Andromeda and not about Theater mode. I consider my post to be on topic – is it possible to do something VR-like for MEA? If yes – cool, if not …

I said several times that it is a personal opinion. I can understand people who do not own a 3D TV enjoy having one emulated in VR but for several more years that will be lesser experience. Some people will like it, some will not. That’s the point of having a personal opinion.

Skyrim, Oblivion, FO3/NV/4 are not 3rd person games (only). You can simply play 1st person and almost never have to see your character. There is a camera mod for TW3 and I’m curious if something can be done to make it a cool VR experience.

MEA looks really cool and it would be amazing if it is possible to be played in VR. There will be many “head tracked third person games” released in the future.

steph12
    Participant

oh my…. guys, give Ralf a break.

do you really think games are easy to make them vorpx compatible ?
    MEA just got released, and Ralf has probably already his hands full of tasks.

give him time.

doctorhino
    Participant

I’m about to just buy the thing and try it out. When Ralf spoke about may be possible he was telling you guys to try it out with different profiles, not rely on him to fix it in a matter of days.

Easiest way to test something like this is to just load up a similar game profile, make a copy of it and point it to the exe for Mass Effect. Turn off Vorpx then launch ME:AM normally and set the resolution to 1280×1024. If this is not possible you might need to set it slightly higher, if no square format is avaliable you may need to hack some ini files. Then launch the game from origin normally with vorpx turned on.

dborosev
    Participant

@doctorhino,
    Incorrect, but let us know if you get it.
    Spoiler: Check page 1. That was the first thing we tried.

bluepill
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

without pushing, I would be interested in a status update or a temporary “workaround” solution.
    Reason is I am progressing fast trough the game (cannot stop, its addictive) and would like to experience some it in VR before finishing the game ;-)

Thnx
    BluePill

dborosev
    Participant

*bump*

Ralf
    Keymaster

As said earlier I can’t comment on upcoming (or not) game support anymore whatsoever since apparently that is the only way to avoid potential confusion. Sorry again.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!