Max Payne 3 and other Steam Games Crashing

Homepage Forums Technical Support Max Payne 3 and other Steam Games Crashing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    emceeschwartz
    Participant

After an update from VORPX today. Max Payne 3 crashes on start menu. Also, Batman Arkham City has black buildings and a ton of graphical glitches. I restarted my pc (everything is up to date) and ran the VORPX install again. Still have the same issue. I’ve even tried running Vorpx as an admin. It does work for Sonic Racing (which is not in my steam library) any thoughts? I’ve been using vorpx for a long time fyi

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll take a look at Batman Arkham City, haven’t checked the game for some time. It used to work very well, also no other reports of such an issue so far. Still posssible of course that something has changed, I’ll check that.

On your I would suggest to try a factory reset (config app > trouble shooting) first to ensure all profiles have their default settings. Maybe you changed some settings that can cause glitches.

In regard to hooking/start issues please try the usual things suggested in the trouble shooting guide pinned on top of this sub-forum, i.e. primarily checking for potential hooking conflicts.

Running vorpX as admin is only necessary for games that require admin rights. Better to not do that unless required.

emceeschwartz
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I factory reset all profiles and reinstalled vorpx again. Max Payne 3 has a couple loading screens then right before the title screen it crashes. Not sure what’s up. All normal VR games are working.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Checked both Max Payne 3 and Arkham City, could not reproduce your issue though.

Arkham City ideally should be run with DX9 (DX11 off in the game launcher). I’ll automate that for the next vorpX. Also make sure to disable 3D-Vision if you happen to have that enabled, in the game launcher and in your nVidia control panel.

Also ideally use the Arkham City GOTY edition on Steam. That’s the one that the profile was made with. Shadow/HUD etc. definitions might fail with other editions if the game’s shaders were recompiled for different editions. That might explain the glitches you got.

For Max Payne 3 it’s the other way around. Best to run the game with DX11. vorpX should already do that automatically, but if that fails or you have disabled auto settings, make sure DX11 is set in the game’s graphics options.

Unrelated: For Arkham City you might want to download the ‘Batman: Arkham City [vorpX]’ profile from the cloud. While I was at it I made a few minor changes.

emceeschwartz
    Participant

Thanks again I really appreciate you checking that out. I’m going to look into that and my nvidia settings and my hmd settings. I’ll let ya know thanks again love the software.

emceeschwartz
    Participant

Tired everything we talked about and reinstalled everything except for windows at this point and played with the settings on everything for a few hours and could only get Max Payne 3 to get passed the title Screen once without crashing and I tried about 30 times. Could not get it to launch after it did once with the same settings.

emceeschwartz
    Participant

I was able to log into my cloud account download a profile and have it work on another game (Gas Guzzlers). Seems to be a problem with Max Payne 3.

emceeschwartz
    Participant

Going to reinstall Max Payne 3 and see if that helps. I’ll let ya know tomorrow.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to run Max Payne 3 windowed (‘Fullscreen’ set to ‘Off’ in its graphis options). That should fix it.

There currently is a bug that affects a handful of DX11 games when run in fullscreen mode. The bug is already fixed in my current dev build, that’s why I didn’t encounter the issue when I checked the game first.

Running the game windowed helps until the next vorpX later this week.

emceeschwartz
    Participant

Everything seems to be working again thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!